Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby youncs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 am

This actually started happening before the new release:

User Request: Drive incomplete, off the mark or appears as single green dot on map

Makin' it even harder to Sherlock Holmes these User Reports, and it's not like I can ask
the user to clarify.

I'm either going to mark all those solved or quit doing them at all. If I can't provide the explanation
as to why I'm closing their report out without solving it, I don't feel right about rejecting it. 9 times
out of 10 there is an explanation.
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .
youncs

Postby youncs » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 am

jasonh300 wrote:
While I was testing it just now, simply turning off the landmark layer didn't fix it for me. But once I turned off the Landmark layer and did a permalink, I couldn't get it to happen again.

Is that not the case for you?

Worked for me. Saving was still slow and there was some lag here and there, but no-more having to refresh all the time, thank goodness!
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .
youncs

Re: Too little error checking on cities

Postby zCougar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 pm

skbun wrote:* City names with less than three characters are not rejected (Real world cases of such short names are exceedingly rare, but we get city smears all the time when people believe they've autocompleted a longer city name and haven't. See viewtopic.php?p=293748#p293748 (the problem) and viewtopic.php?p=295180#p295180 (possible solutions) for more on this.

We have 3 two letter city names (Aa, Ao, Oe) and 75 three letter names (54 unique) in Estonia. If you enable this check then make it clear how to add new cities or make it possible to create new cities for some editors based on their rank or whatever.

--
Cougar
Waze 3.7.7.0: Nexus 4 | HTC Desire Z | Nexus 7
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis
zCougar
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby zs2cli » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 am

Maybe already mentioned in the numerous posts above, too many to read, but incase it's not, the new editor does not work in Firefox. :(
Area manager: Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hardware: Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.0.3
Car: Volkswagen Polo
Waze Beta Tester
zs2cli

Previous

Return to Waze Map Editor