Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby rleejr79 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
1. and 4.

Gotcha, thanks.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
2.)

I deleted the script, cleared cache in Chrome, reinstalled Highlight Script and it works fine now. Selected segments match with visual location of road now.

Image Image My Waze idea: Vote Here Pls!
rleejr79

Postby Spil » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 am

daknife wrote:Funny, I'd deliberately looked for that before and it wasn't there but now when I click on the same section of freeway I first looked for it at, the link to add/edit an alternate is indeed there. I retract.
Just a quick note on what might have caused that -- if there is no Primary Name set (i.e., if the Primary Name is checked "no name"), then you cannot add an Alternate Name; you'll need to set a Primary Name and click "Apply", then click on "Edit" again and you will see the "Alternate Name" addition option. :)
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil

Postby youncs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 am

This actually started happening before the new release:

User Request: Drive incomplete, off the mark or appears as single green dot on map

Makin' it even harder to Sherlock Holmes these User Reports, and it's not like I can ask
the user to clarify.

I'm either going to mark all those solved or quit doing them at all. If I can't provide the explanation
as to why I'm closing their report out without solving it, I don't feel right about rejecting it. 9 times
out of 10 there is an explanation.
iPhone 4 / iOS6 *I dont' navigate very often, but when I do, I use Apple Maps . . .
youncs

Postby xtago » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:24 am

Haven't tried it yet but looking forwarded to giving it a go.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Postby stevecody » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!!

This is being looked into by management. Right now, the TOS/Privacy Policy doesn't allow it. It may be as easy as modifying that, but we're not sure.

I don't care to know who the person is but I would LOVE to be able to simply send them a message, as in Cartouche.

As an example, I have a person who repeatedly reports a General Error in the same location frequently. I haven't found anything wrong there and there are no other details. I can drive in the area and hope something jumps out at me, but I really have no idea what the intent of their report is.
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:56 am

stevecody wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!!

This is being looked into by management. Right now, the TOS/Privacy Policy doesn't allow it. It may be as easy as modifying that, but we're not sure.

I don't care to know who the person is but I would LOVE to be able to simply send them a message, as in Cartouche.

Right there with ya! The email contains your username and a link to the forum, so if they are motivated, they can contact you.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby stevecody » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stevecody wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:[quote="davipt"]So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!!

Right there with ya! The email contains your username and a link to the forum, so if they are motivated, they can contact you.[/quote]

Yeah, that is nice. I actually had a friend at work thank me because he received one of those emails after I fixed a problem he reported. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby weeezer14 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 am

davipt wrote:so now we need a new set of icons for the signatures most of us decreased one cone (I've seen reports of 4-3, I went 5 to 4, and there is no 100K+4 cones banner ;)

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Foru ... re_Banners

Wiki updated. Post about it here.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby CrackedLCD » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 am

I've got an older computer and Waze editing is generally a slow process, but this update has speed things up noticeably. It's rare for me to find something that's "updated and new" that actually speeds things up instead of slowing things down more. Good job!

Edit: I think I found a bug. When bridging two segments of a road that is a dead end/cul-de-sac, the end node disappears when the combination is saved. It's done it three times to me now. Luckily the WME script highlights it so it's an easy catch.

One minor problem I'm having when selecting multiple segments is sometimes the editor gets 'stuck' like I'm pressing a mouse button and it's taking geometry nodes and dragging them all over the place. I'm 100% sure I'm not accidentally clicking them, either. It's happened three times now, all on very tiny segments.
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby xtago » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 am

rleejr79 wrote:In the screenshot posted:

1.) I understand the the alt name feature works. Do I have to delete and reassign alt name every time? I am unable to edit the alt name as is. Yes, I have permission and I was last to lock it. (Highlighted it in red on left)

4.) Is Waze going to implement their own search result as per the ability to enter house numbers or is it still going to use the search provider?

5.) +1 for simplifying the functions on the left side

On the Alt names from what I've seen you can have 4-5 alt names I guess the circle X would clear it but I noticed the old WME would have some alt names but you couldn't edit or delete them now you can I guess, could be person based as some places can have many names based on where you are from.

I've not used the old old editor so do not know much about how it worked the names.

From the times I've used waze to find a street it you could always add a street number but it would just goto the middle or the end or a street, I would assume the same will happen again but be a little bit more picky about the place it decides.

Correct street numbers will always be a hit and miss affair really, same problem in many GPS apps and units.

at least they can be added so you get fairly close to the right place.
xtago

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor