The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by emlben
nzhook wrote:I got an email from support on the 3rd:
We found the problem with missing editable areas based on driving from the beginning of November.

We started a process that uploads those areas and you should see them appearing gradually.

The process should be done in ± 10 days.

Best regards,

Yonatan
So until the 13th we wont know if the areas are back or not. Just have to play the waiting game now.
And still we wait... :(
emlben
Send a message

Post by evn137
Same problem here. I drove this route multiple times before. Today, just drove about 250 miles today ( round trip ) and wanted to edit a segment that had a map problem. At first, I was able to click on a segment without any issues but as I was going back and forth tabs ( checking Best Map Editing Practice ) to edit this segment, I got locked out.

I got this " You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area. "
:?: Oh well.
evn137
Send a message
Ed (evn137) Rank 3 Editor

Post by floppyrod84
Do you mean lost, or did you ever get that area, in which case it hasn't been processed yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Hmm...database error? Processing problem (unlikely if it was there before)?
I'm going to check my drives now on intl see if they're there.
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
There's definitely a disconnection between processes and the database. Anyone contacted support?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by FrigardH
I faced the same experience of losing my Editable Area-1, hundreds of km of driving from 3 months ago... :?
Can it be returned back or do I hv to re-drive to that areas after a long time (OMG!) or is there any bugs in the app.? Need clarification from Support.... ;)
FrigardH
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
I was in editing (a lot) today and all of a sudden many regions that were enabled for editing are no longer enabled. It includes areas from older drives as well as drives from areas from a couple days ago. Some areas are enabled but others there were enabled just 1 hour ago are not showing as editable to me.

Anyone else experiencing this? I even logged out/in again and no change.

David
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
I haven't been through some areas in 1 month or so. Other areas I was in this this week for the first time and they were showing up as editable. I'm not an "AM" and just a regular editor.

Is there an expiration on areas driven thru? That still wouldn't explain the new areas just 1 week old.

David
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
I'm 100% sure the drives from last week show as processed and are not editable in the update map. Must be a problem.

Bummer about drives lasting a limited time as editable. I can cover a lot more ground editing vs what I can constantly be driving.

David
GeekNJ
Send a message

Post by GeekNJ
I also notified (emailed) support.

As for the dropping off of editable regions, the support page provides:

How long before editable areas disappear?
Editable areas are usually available for the drives you did in the last 3 months.
After 3 months, you will need to drive over the roads again in order to get the permissions again.
GeekNJ
Send a message