The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

One way in the AM / opposite one way in the PM

Post by rtwolfe
I scanned for how to solve this problem and did not see a way to do it.
Minneapolis has a system where a main road has an extra set of lanes that are open going into downtown in the morning but about noon time, they close a set of entrance gates and open another set so the SAME SET OF ROADS now flow one way out of town!

Great money saver and does help move the traffic but I am puzzled with how one models this on your maps? maybe it will take some custom code that makes setting up round-abouts look like child's play.

Appreciate the help.
rtwolfe

POSTER_ID:219180

Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG

Post by JAMBRAM
On an aside, in Memphis, Union Avenue used to be that way. It also had the highest accident count in Memphis. When they removed the lanes that change direction, the number of accidents went way down.
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by RallyChris
It is something that has been brought up. Currently no way to do these kind of time based events, but I'm sure it's on the wish list.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by rtwolfe
We ultimately decided to set the HOV lane and ramps to 'no entrance' and locked them. Also changed the highway road name to ' HOV Waze can't handle' so some rookie (like me a month back) doesn't try to re open the HOV lane.

Cheers
rtwolfe
Send a message
Area Manager - Edina Mn
Have a great day!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG

Post by spdorsey
We have the very same issue on Lafayette St. in Santa Clara. One lane that changes directions depending on the AM/PM commute hour.

http://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=9&lat ... yers=BTTTT
spdorsey
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Steve Dorsey

Area Manager
Greater San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA

Mac Pro tower, Mac OS X 10.6.x, 20GB RAM, 30" display (2560x1600) Firefox 3.6.
iPhone 3GS 16GB, Waze (current version), other GPS devices/apps

Post by support
rtwolfe wrote:I scanned for how to solve this problem and did not see a way to do it.
Minneapolis has a system where a main road has an extra set of lanes that are open going into downtown in the morning but about noon time, they close a set of entrance gates and open another set so the SAME SET OF ROADS now flow one way out of town!

Great money saver and does help move the traffic but I am puzzled with how one models this on your maps? maybe it will take some custom code that makes setting up round-abouts look like child's play.

Appreciate the help.
hi
currently, there is no way to define hourly lane changes, but our developers are working on it.
thanks for the penitence..
Ori

support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by support
rtwolfe wrote:We ultimately decided to set the HOV lane and ramps to 'no entrance' and locked them. Also changed the highway road name to ' HOV Waze can't handle' so some rookie (like me a month back) doesn't try to re open the HOV lane.

Cheers

Hola,

the project of creating "HOV lane" on waze is underway. very soon we will be able to define these lanes. you can help us by naming these lane as "Inactive HOV lane" - this way we can change the definition of all of these segments to HOV by a script, as soon as the feature will be up and running.

thanks!

Ori
support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message