INTL mapdate Nov 18th screwed instructions even more

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

INTL mapdate Nov 18th screwed instructions even more

Postby davipt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Just checked the map update and the problematic segment I had on the last map is now even worse. I must be doing something really wrong with my editing and really need help to get this fixed before I start deleting everything and restarting from scratch.

The editor permalink with all segments - edited max Nov 9th so all must be in - route is upper Av. Quinta Grande, going right, down to R. da Encosta then right to Estr. de Alfragide.

The expected instructions is "turn right at R. da Encosta" and "Turn left at Estr. de Alfragide". Only two instructions expected.

Just a reminder that after the previous mapdate everything was perfect. Then some days later, without any known map or client update, it just started giving me an extra "keep right" on the 4th (out of 5, counting from up) junction. Three instructions already.

So I adjusted that junction to ensure it was really 180º and some more meters of segment before the junction.

So what happened with this update? Now I get *TWO* extra instructions, and worse, they are "turn right!" livemap
The attachment Screen Shot 2012-11-18 at 4.59.14 PM.png is no longer available

What is going on here? How many more wrong instructions will I ear tomorrow when I go to work??? How can I fix these cases?

Edit: and another case, this one was untouched since the last update, was working perfectly, and now also has two incorrect "turn right" instructions. This one I've been struggling for month with a single "turn right", and when I got it fixed, it now gets screwed with *2*! livemap editor
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-11-18 at 4.59.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-11-18 at 4.59.14 PM.png (55.52 KiB) Viewed 1066 times
Last edited by davipt on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: INTL mapdate Nov 18th screwed instructions even more

Postby davipt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

dmcconachie wrote:Please don't double post. I've removed the entry in the update thread.

Oops, did the copy paste but I think I didn't press strong enough the delete button on the other thread :| sorry for that.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm

So to be sure this would get fixed, I've deleted the whole vertical street and the three lateral ones, redid the vertical one in one go, blocked, saved, recreated the three lateral, blocked, saved, got the updated version this Sunday, and it still gives me the wrong instructions. Now I'm really out of ideas. Really need some help here!

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... ,182668448

http://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=9&l ... =182668356
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm

another fix (the lateral ones were unterminated), another update, still the same. No suggestions, so I'm about to screw the satelite images and GPS and just draw a straight line >:) damn you rounding errors on the backend.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 am

iainhouse wrote:You have my sympathies.

Nobody else seems have an opinion, so the best I can do is reassure you that what you have done looks perfectly correct. Without editing rights I can't check things like reverse connections, but I cannot see a single problem there.

The only real help I can be is to tell you you're not crazy - something screwy is definitely going on here!

Replacing R. da Encosta with a straight segment sounds like a reasonable workaround. It would be better that the client gives correct instructions with an incorrect visual, rather than the other way around. However, before you do this, have you tried sending a message to Waze Support - see if they can see any reason for this?

I've sent to support and I have to re-read the whole thread from the new WME editor as some waze admin told me they would look at it after the infrastructure and the wme infrastructure migration, so in the meantime I've checked and double checked and then redone everything in an attempt to solve it myself. As I see other similar cases, I hoped that others had gotten bitten by this possible rounding error. Unfortunately there's not that many cases that people drive everyday with so many perpendicular segments nearby so many nodes that people would notice it. I do because it affect my every working day :|

PS: no reverse or u-turn or soft or anything reported by the highlights. As I said, created from scratch, one by one, locked, q-w'ed all nodes, city and street names aligned, everything correct as far as I know.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dmcconachie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Please don't double post. I've removed the entry in the update thread.

via tapatalk
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby iainhouse » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:59 am

You have my sympathies.

Nobody else seems have an opinion, so the best I can do is reassure you that what you have done looks perfectly correct. Without editing rights I can't check things like reverse connections, but I cannot see a single problem there.

The only real help I can be is to tell you you're not crazy - something screwy is definitely going on here!

Replacing R. da Encosta with a straight segment sounds like a reasonable workaround. It would be better that the client gives correct instructions with an incorrect visual, rather than the other way around. However, before you do this, have you tried sending a message to Waze Support - see if they can see any reason for this?
UK Country Administrator • AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.2 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
Community Champ
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
My name is Iain and I'm a Wazaholic. I last edited 1 hour ago.
iainhouse

Return to Waze Map Editor