Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by yippeekyaa
Does the city layer also use the city in the alternate addresses? I have an incorrect city that I've removed all traces of in the addresses EXCEPT for the alternate address. It still shows up on the city layer.
yippeekyaa
Send a message

Post by yippeekyaa
jasonh300 wrote:
yippeekyaa wrote:Does the city layer also use the city in the alternate addresses? I have an incorrect city that I've removed all traces of in the addresses EXCEPT for the alternate address. It still shows up on the city layer.
Are you using the Colour Highlights script? If so, can the script detect and highlight that segment where the offending city is in the alternate field?
Yes, using the script and can find no roads labelled with the incorrect city name. Lots of roads, nearly all in the area actually, that use it in the alternate address. If the script is capable of highlighting that alternate address city, i'm not seeing how. Here is a permalink to the area see what you can find. The incorrect city name is Flat Rock(2).

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-80.43 ... 3275379964
yippeekyaa
Send a message

Post by yippeekyaa
Had a similar situation in NC. 1 road with M. city in one location and 250 miles away was another one. It created a city layer about a mile wide and 250 miles long. I fixed the one I could last night and today the miles long M. city layer is now gone. Maybe they are recalculating the city layer nightly?
yippeekyaa
Send a message

Post by yippeekyaa
skbun, what you are saying make sense. In one area I had a "k" city layer. Using WME highlighter tool, i found the offending K named streets and corrected them last week. The K is still showing as being in the area but when I turn on the city option on WME it's not showing as a colored polygon anywhere on the map. But alas, the K is still there.

I've ask before and got limited responses so I'll ask again.

I have a layer incorrectly named "flat rock(2)". I've changed every street to the correct city name yet the flat rock(2) layer still remains. I've spent a couple hours scanning for any remaining incorrect city names and none appears to exist. Does the city layer use alternate addresses to determine this layer? someone mentioned that the highlighter can highlight the alternate addresses, yet I can't seem to figure out how exactly that is done. Advice?
yippeekyaa
Send a message