Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

New WME version, v2.82-4

Post by maiapas
Hi Everyone,

A new WME version, v2.82-4 has been released.

- Change snapshot icon in the Tile build Status- ENABLED

- Update request route in left hand driving countries shows wrong turn icons- FIXED. Community bug, Forum post.

- Turn Guidance and Street name TTS give different results- FIXED. Community bug, Forum post.

- Closures: saving the closure fails in case Event is None- FIXED

- New UI for closures without name- ENABLED

- Tile build status pop up: Move last edit time above map release time- ENABLED

New Snapshot icon (previously there was a small car inside the phone): 
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 15.36.14.png
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 342 times

New UI for closures without name:
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 15.38.53.png
(6.16 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

Thank you!
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:17866785

Send a message

Post by kumiankka
Unable to add roundabouts with this version. When drawing a new roundabout, road segments leading to the roundabout will get disconnected from the original junction but the roundabout itself never comes up, save button counter doesn't increase and there is nothing to undo. Yet there is this one action listed when hovering mouse over the grey save button.

I'm using chrome (or chormium). All scripts and extensions are disabled and I cleared the browser cache before reporting this.
wme-roundabout-bug.png
(32.47 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
jm6087 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:03 pm I just successfully added a JB in Beta and Prod - in incognito with no scripts or extensions.

Could this be location specific? 

Have you tried anywhere else?

Thanks for the tip. This seems to be location specific after all. I tried several other locations without any issues. It's just this particular intersection that is failing. Re-creating segments didn't help. I'll wait till next map release and try again.

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
maiapas wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:21 am Hi kumiankka,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting this.

If you are still having a location specific issue, could I ask you to please report it here?

Permalinks, steps to reproduce, screenshots and screen recordings are welcomed :)

Thank you,
Maia

Hi Maia!

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the (assumed) WME beta forum. I have access to client and routing betas in Centercode, but not (yet) WME.

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
jm6087 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:57 pm
If you want to DM me the details, I can post it for you

I managed to fix it. The trick was to add new temporary roundabout on an adjacent junction node. Didn't even had to save it. It was enough just to add new roundabout, after which the problem went away immediately, and I was able to add the original roundabout I was trying to add. Then I deleted my unsaved temporary roundabout, reconnected segments, and saved everything successfully. Weird stuff. Not surprising but weird :roll:

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by maiapas
Thank you for all your reports regarding the HN Issue. We will review this.

Thanks,
Maia
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
kumiankka wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:24 am
jm6087 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:03 pm I just successfully added a JB in Beta and Prod - in incognito with no scripts or extensions.

Could this be location specific? 

Have you tried anywhere else?

Thanks for the tip. This seems to be location specific after all. I tried several other locations without any issues. It's just this particular intersection that is failing. Re-creating segments didn't help. I'll wait till next map release and try again.

Hi kumiankka,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting this.

If you are still having a location specific issue, could I ask you to please report it here?

Permalinks, steps to reproduce, screenshots and screen recordings are welcomed :)

Thank you,
Maia
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
ralseu wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:20 pm
krzycholub wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:24 pm IIRC - If any segment in JB is L5 - JB will lock as L5

Possibly, but that’s not what we’re talking about here. All junction boxes in Germany (including many that include L1/L2 segments only) have gone to Auto(5) overnight. At this point I’m pretty sure it’s a simple misconfiguration issue—JBs are supposedly locked to L4 in Germany as opposed to L5 in most other countries, and apparently this configuration has gone missing during the last WME release.

Hi ralseu,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have changed it back to L4 by default.

Best,
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
RichardPyne wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:50 pm
maiapas wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:19 am Thank you for all your reports regarding the HN Issue. We will review this.

Thanks,
Maia

What is the status on getting this bug fixed. For those of us who actually add HNs, this is a major time and effort drain.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing this up.

We have prioritized this bug and working on a fix for it. It will be released in the near future.

Apologies again for the temporary inconvenience.

Thank you,
Maia
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
pox_online wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:12 am Hi,
at the moment the ROW WME is not loading.
Only the header with "wazemapeditor" is loading, rest of page is grey.
Testet on two devices on a private chrome session without ony scripts, same result.

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Could I ask you to please try again and let me know if you experience any issues? 

Is anyone else unable to access WME in ROW?

Thank you for reporting!

EDIT: I was able to reproduce and opened an internal issue. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again for reporting!

Update: The issue has been solved. Thanks so much pox_online for flagging it!!

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message