The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

A round of applause for infra upgrades!

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I started a thread before regarding the NA infrastructure upgrades and the super speedy map updates it brought. Now, the same has happened for the international server. Today, the maps are updated with edits up to November 26. That's only two day's lag in edits! We're getting updates significantly more quickly compared to Waze's current guideline of 10-14 days. Not to mention how much more quickly Waze map updates are available to drivers than most other NAV system providers. This is blazingly fast!

I know many of us are pretty harsh on Waze at time for what we see as failings or persistent issues, so I think it is important that we acknowledge the awesomeness of the current infrastructure around the globe and its current ability to get regular, extremely fast map updates.

So, on behalf of the Waze driver and editor community, THANK YOU!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by andrewkjs
Indeed. Kudos to the Waze team for the great work with the infrastructure upgrades. The cycle between map updates has exceeded our expectations and it has definitely motivated the editors here as well since we see our edits go into effect in the client much quicker than before.
andrewkjs
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png
Area Manager: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Waze Malaysia: FB | G+ | Forum | Wiki

Post by cherianchris
I noticed the Map Tile update while driving and was really happy to see edits updated on the client. At one point, I assumed that Waze had stopped the email, twitter notifier that Map Tiles were updated. The improved infrastructure means a lot in countries like India, which have a poor base map. Plus the new infrastructure gives Wazers Map Editors more motivation, as they do not have to wait for 10-14 days to see their updates on the client. Awesome is the word.
Thanks to all at Waze HQ, Waze Champs, Country Managers and Area Managers. :-D

Chris

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

GotFire
Send a message

Post by OhioStMusicMan
I second Alan's comments. Totally worth it and love to see quick turnarounds on edits.
OhioStMusicMan
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Poopstick
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by RodNav
Yes, it's wonderful. Well done, waze.

The first update after the long break included an important turn onto a freeway onramp that someone had restricted. This caused a variety of much longer routes to be offered. I fixed it and just a few days later the route was offered correctly!

Looking forward to a more interactive map editing experience from now on :)
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by skbun
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I started a thread before regarding the NA infrastructure upgrades and the super speedy map updates it brought. Now, the same has happened for the international server. Today, the maps are updated with edits up to November 26. That's only two day's lag in edits! We're getting updates significantly more quickly compared to Waze's current guideline of 10-14 days. Not to mention how much more quickly Waze map updates are available to drivers than most other NAV system providers. This is blazingly fast!

I know many of us are pretty harsh on Waze at time for what we see as failings or persistent issues, so I think it is important that we acknowledge the awesomeness of the current infrastructure around the globe and its current ability to get regular, extremely fast map updates.

So, on behalf of the Waze driver and editor community, THANK YOU!
Alan, I'm with you on this one. I know those infrastructure upgrades were a very long time in coming, and I was here not so long ago where it went almost 8 weeks between a tile upgrade. Huge step in the right direction!

Thanks for making that happen, Waze. :D :D
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA