Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

feature request - Learn My Route(s)

Post by davecampbell
i take one of two routes to work everyday and a slightly modified version of each on the way home.

i really don't want waze to figure out a route for me from Home to Work - i'm pretty much going to go the way i'm going to go, for human-factor reasons (maybe coffee, maybe i like driving by the park, etc.).

given that, i'd love for waze to work with those limited / predefined routes, and then provide:

- which of the two morning routes is better RIGHT NOW.
- same for evening, of course
- give me only heads-up about stuff that is actually on my chosen route. i don't care and don't want to be distracted by events that are even 400 ft perpindicular to my route, if it isn't ON my route.

i assume a route is defined as an ordered list of coordinates. i think waze can 'capture' that, if it lets me hit START and then STOP in a Learning Mode.

if not, i can provide the kml file from google latitude.

as a matter of fact - why can't waze just look at my google latitude, and figure out these oft-traveled 'routes'?

but i wouldn't mind providing them if necessary.

i think there are a bunch of these features in the biking apps - maybe look there for ideas.

thanks.
davecampbell

POSTER_ID:12119854

Send a message

Post by skapur1
This is a "me too" request.

I have spoken to many people about GPS devices over the years and when we come around to this topic, everyone wants it but NO manufacturer implements "private routes" properly.

This feature will distinguish Waze from all the other routing systems and IMHO make it a standout product which will develop a loyal following.
skapur1
Send a message