how long before Waze knows your route?

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: how long before Waze knows your route?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Please see your question and the in the FAQ.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: how long before Waze knows your route?

Postby dmiller1984 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm

My normal route isn't nearly that long, but Waze figured out a few ideal routes pretty quickly. What I'd suggest is checking out the route in the map editor to see if there are any problems along the way such as missing roads or incorrect turn restrictions. If you post at least part of your route here I'm sure people can give you some more specific suggestions.
dmiller1984

how long before Waze knows your route?

Postby sorcererdale » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

I have driven a certain 7 hour route about 5 times now, and Waze still wants me to go 10 -20 miles out of my way. It wants me to stay on state highways rather than taking perfectly good, county roads. I also don't like when it does this as then it wants me to turn down every road that comes up, apparently to turn around as those roads do not go anywhere. How many times does Waze take to know your route?

What is the difference between fastest route and shortest route? They don't seem to make a difference.
sorcererdale

Return to Waze Map Editor