Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Suddenly have to enter full addresses for my area

Post by DarrenBaker
Hi guys,

About three or four months ago, something changed in the way searching was handled (I notice it happens both on the client AND on the live map); For example, I used to be able to type:
8882 170 Street
and it would return the closest result, because it read for context. At some point, that changed, and I had to start typing out the full address, including city, every time I searched:
8882 170 Street NW, Edmonton
this annoying behaviour continues to this day. If I search for the former query on the app, it will sometimes return something that LOOKS like the address, like '170 Street NW Edmonton (8882)', but if I use that result, it won't take me anywhere near where I want to go - it appears to just select the middle of the miles-long street as a destination. Very annoying.

Thanks!

Darren

Edit:

Here is an example from the app:
- Searched for '8882 170 st'

- Searched for '8882 170 st nw edmonton'
DarrenBaker

POSTER_ID:7309436

Send a message