Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Curios W in the Map

Post by Powie
Hi,

I have made some screenshots about a curios W on the map in my area.
Every day I use waze this W is presented at the map, not at the same point. It seems it moves with me..... I have tryed to find it on the map editor, but theres no chance to catch it.

Screenshots:

https://www.box.com/shared/3nwvu5qq93t250xgf1my

How to find it?
Powie

POSTER_ID:1129543

Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Relocate? Maybe. Grow even larger? Probably.

Smudges WILL go away eventually if we edit out all of the offending segments. I wouldn't recommend trying to control them. It will be like herding cats :D
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by usa_1i8h16z3
I have the place name "Beech Hill" (which doesn't exist) floating over my map at all times:

http://gyazo.com/315c55ddc4b283b5424df52d9d353304.png
usa_1i8h16z3
Send a message

Post by orbitc
dbwiddis wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Relocate? Maybe. Grow even larger? Probably.

Smudges WILL go away eventually if we edit out all of the offending segments. I wouldn't recommend trying to control them. It will be like herding cats :D
They don't grow, and they do move. Cat herding? Maybe. :)

I started with a small experiment and after a few iterations have now successfully "herded" the Las Vegas "L", the Henderson "H", and the Paradise "P" smudges out of the middle of populated areas and into desert wasteland on the edge of my 4-mile editing boundary. :) Maybe they'll eventually go away from there...
You can submit to Waze. They started to fix those smudges.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by jemay
A lot of landmarks have just a single letter for city. I have been seeing S in the Los Angeles area and when I looked for it, it was a close landmark
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon