Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by sockslabs
The following sequence seems to unwedge the save button:
  • Click on the report.
  • Hit Solved.
  • Hit Close.
  • Click on the report again.
  • Hit Not identified, and the save button wakes up.
sockslabs
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
SocksLabs
Area Manager: Shrewsbury/Northboro/Westboro, MA
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Helpful resources: Map Editor | Best Practices

Post by Spil
kentsmith9 wrote:How about this one? It came up as "Most users did not follow the suggested route"
The roads being proposed as the route are dead ends. They are unnamed and have no city, so there is no address for which to navigate. I did notice they are all recently edited by staff in the last week and these would classically be Portola Valley roads, so maybe there is some connection between them causing this as a false route problem.
I've seen a lot of this in rural areas of WNY, but the dead-end roads they send people down & back are (for the most part) properly named. I just check to make sure that the straight-through is enabled (it wasn't, on one of them), and then I mark it Solved and move on.
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by taddison1
Good concept, but unfortunately it's generating update requests based on old data. For instance, there is a bridge under construction near me and I disconnected its segment 6 weeks ago. Waze now tells me that people are ignoring its directions to go over that bridge, but Waze cannot have been giving those instructions since 6 weeks ago.

Similarly, a lot of the requests I'm seeing are where Waze has suggested a shortcut through a parking lot, which I thought it wasn't supposed to do. The edit dates on the parking lots suggest that perhaps it was only recently changed to Parking Lot Road (I wish we could see more of the edit history details for segments).

So, in many cases the problem isn't identifiable because it was already fixed long ago. In a lot of other cases the routing is technically legal but is one of those cases where Waze suggests something that most people just don't want to do, such as making a right-turn plus a U-turn instead of a left turn.

For these cases where there is obviously nothing useful that can be done, should I mark them as Solved or Unidentified? I've seen other threads where it is suggested that unidentified system-generated requests are thrown to staff editors; On one hand I wouldn't want them to waste time on something that can't be fixed, but on the other hand if they saw some of the routes that are ignored just because users dislike the routing they might be able to give useful feedback to the routing engine developers.

Thanks.
taddison1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by taddison1
mdqueenz wrote:Yes, a lot of the errors have long been corrected, however i have tons where the problem is still existant.

Hopefully once we get past this backlog, the generating of these errors will be much more up to date.

MD
Agreed, a good number of the problems are real, I fixed quite a few wrong-way streets and illegal turns already.
taddison1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message