The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by loadbang
shawndoc wrote: The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.
+1.

I experience the same.

shirlig wrote: * Roundabout radius is limited to 100 meters.
It is spelt 'metres'. A meter is something that is used to measure something, for example and electric meter or a gas meter.
loadbang
Send a message

Post by McCracken808
shawndoc wrote:Usability Problem

This new version of the editor includes a new system generated problem report, which advises you when users are ignoring directions given to them by Waze.

The problem is the pin is placed directly on the junction, making it impossible to actually click on the junction. Even zoomed all the way in, I can't select the junction because the pin is in the way.

I have to mark the pin solved, save, reload the editor, and only then can I select the junction and make necessary changes. (Many of these junctions have the turns set correctly, but need to be QW'd and reset.)

Turn off Problems layer.
McCracken808
Send a message
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

https://db.tt/jYYT4mG3https://db.tt/4b2TzYlShttps://db.tt/AnfHrb6N
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Waze 3.8, Mazda3

Post by MiltH
They've really screwed up something now. Going to the editor starts with a page with nothing but this:

http://a1.vsoh.com/screenshot201htt.png

The next screen has your login and password openly readable in the URL.

Not very secure.
MiltH
Send a message
Former Area Manager for Midland & Odessa, TX, and the surrounding areas.

Post by mssusa
bgodette wrote:Not really bug, the level, speed, etc, aren't actually being changed and this has been covered many many times in this thread.
They said it is just a problem of data not loading completely and I should refresh, but I am seeing this with segments I've just created! Besides, what's to guarantee that it does not affect the database? There are very complex highway intersections that I hate to see damaged because of this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
This happens to me when I work too fast for my laptop. I feel like I have clicked when the editor was working on something in the background. If I catch it before I release the button an Esc would do, otherwise I hover over the new geometry node and D it. Undo doesn't catch it.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Then you'll be in a situation where all the red has turned into white which, IMHO, is worse because you can't easily distinguish genuinely unnamed roads and careless/incomplete edits. Am I missing something? It is true that red roads do not collect data, but you can still route to and through them in the client and live map.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
olestas wrote:As I understood, red roads do not appear on map at all and are unusable.
uploadfromtaptalk1357121842342.jpg
(63.1 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
All these are unnamed and red in the editor. Some even have their cookies munched. And surprise surprise (this is new to me too) those that have their cookies munched have speed data too!

Maybe it is a country/server thing.

So, the only thing left is that they don't appear in the live map. Live map doesn't even update visually anymore. So, l'd rather they stay red until they are assigned correct names instead of encouraging lazy editors to select 'no name' and 'no city'.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Then it is a server/country thing. Here they all appear and are routable. Even unedited client paved roads appear in the client and recently they are automatically connected to old roads and soft turns are set.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Font.png
(184.67 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
That's how my mustache looks now. Before it was just squares, now it is squares plus some giant letters!
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
vectorspace wrote:
kodi75 wrote:(1) When clicking on any UR, as the map zooms to the location the roads layer is not in sync with the Bing Aerials. I attempt to remedy this by click on the Permalink link, reloading the page, but the layers are still out of sync. ...
I have started having this problem and it has come and gone. The road layer is offset the width of a node or so to the right from the areal. I thought it might have been my large display and the graphics card. Anyone know?
This is usually related to your browser zoom function. When it happens I usually find that my browser has somehow changed the zoom level. Make sure you reset the zoom to 100% and reload.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message