Unconfirmed non-red segments

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm

I have run across several of these in the last 24 hours. The segment is showing normally (non-red) in the editor, but the details show a lone comma in front of the City name, which means the segment has no name, but that the No Name checkbox isn't selected.

unnamed_confirmed_segment.jpg
unnamed_confirmed_segment.jpg (45.45 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

I'm wondering how these are appearing as "normal" yet the No Name checkbox isn't selected. These are segments which have been around for quite some time, some created by me. Not all were parking lot roads, but included regular street segments, too.

Has anyone else been running in to these?

Here's a full-length view of the tab:

Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Unconfirmed non-red segments

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:47 am

Twister_UK wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The segment is showing normally (non-red) in the editor, but the details show a lone comma in front of the City name, which means the segment has no name, but that the No Name checkbox isn't selected.

The segment has a primaryStreetID of 7305791, and the street with that ID has a single space set as its name. So the segment does have a name, just not one that's instantly obvious to the naked eye...

Good eyes! Even in the WME interface, the <space> does show in the name text box. I just hadn't bothered to click in the field to see that.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:20 am

Spil wrote:Came across one of these last night myself -- had a city name, but just a space for the street name. It's fixed already now ;), or I'd include a link to it. :)

I found something like that one time. I don't remember the exact details but it seemed to be like that from the basemap. Maybe it was an import error.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 am

Came across one of these last night myself -- had a city name, but just a space for the street name. It's fixed already now ;), or I'd include a link to it. :)
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The segment is showing normally (non-red) in the editor, but the details show a lone comma in front of the City name, which means the segment has no name, but that the No Name checkbox isn't selected.

The segment has a primaryStreetID of 7305791, and the street with that ID has a single space set as its name. So the segment does have a name, just not one that's instantly obvious to the naked eye...

Doesn't appear possible to do this in the current WME - if I try saving a segment with a single space as its street name, I get a save error in WME and a "406 not acceptable" error in the console - but given that the dates attached to that segment are pretty old (at least by Waze standards!) it could be that earlier versions of WME or, perhaps more likely, Cartouche used to allow it.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One X/Android 4.1.1
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ userscripts.org and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK

Postby txemt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 pm

I keep getting SAVE ERROR when I try to save a segment that I put a town name in, but no street, with the "no street" box not checked. If I check either one, I don't get a problem. If I leave them alone, I get a red segment. If I fill in just the street, it defaults to "no city" for the city name.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly
AM-S Florida & Texas
US CM
RC-US Territories
"Don't Mess With TxEmt"
Read, Read & Read
txemt
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Return to Waze Map Editor