Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Mystery

Post by timl2k12
I can see a railroad on the live map but not in the editor. It's been like this for several days.
Permalink Editor.
Permalink Live Map
timl2k12

POSTER_ID:13137504

Send a message
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL

Post by AndyPoms
Jpere wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:The closest zoom North American LiveMap has not updated since June of 2012. As you zoom out, the map is even older than that.
Why do they let this happen? Which is the most accurate zoom?
The live map update was stopped due to the Major Infrastructure Upgrades Waze has been doing in the last several months. This work is not complete yet and Waze has said that when they are done they plan on restoring the live map. The live map on the website is considered a very low priority (the Client Map is high priority). It should be noted that only the VISUAL part of the Live Map on the website has not updated - you can click on roads that you can't see, but have been added and the Live Map will route on those invisible roads.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by jasonh300
The closest zoom North American LiveMap has not updated since June of 2012. As you zoom out, the map is even older than that.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Jpere
jasonh300 wrote:The closest zoom North American LiveMap has not updated since June of 2012. As you zoom out, the map is even older than that.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
Jpere
Send a message

Post by skapur1
AndyPoms wrote:
Jpere wrote:
The live map update was stopped due to the Major Infrastructure Upgrades Waze has been doing in the last several months. This work is not complete yet and Waze has said that when they are done they plan on restoring the live map. The live map on the website is considered a very low priority (the Client Map is high priority). It should be noted that only the VISUAL part of the Live Map on the website has not updated - you can click on roads that you can't see, but have been added and the Live Map will route on those invisible roads.
I understand that livemap is a low priority and as a private company Waze has a right to set its priorities. I also have seen improvements in Waze as a result of the infrastructure upgrades.

That said, I do believe it is a Public Relations mistake for Waze to not update the visual part of livemap at least once a month.

There is no healthy Internet company in existence that does not go through continual major infrastructure upgrades. Any company that is not doing major infrastructure upgrades all the time has stopped growing and in the Internet it means that it is a dying company. All Internet companies learn to keep their software systems up and chugging along while also performing major infrastructure upgrades. Waze needs to grow up and do the same.
skapur1
Send a message