The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Any ideas with this UR?

Post by timl2k12
This UR seems to have been generated by the client directing the user right and then perhaps making a uturn? (to the North of the UR marker). Unfortunately Waze does not provide enough of the Waze provided route to let me know what is really going on. If anyone sees something I don't, let me know. Thanks.
timl2k12

POSTER_ID:13137504

Send a message
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Looks like the UR has been closed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by HandofMadness
I saw the UR before it was closed. Honestly there wasn't enough information to tell what was going on. Waze wanted them to turn right, they turned left.

It could be the good ol' Waze telling you to turn right and make a U rather than turn left, it could be the GPS coordinates for their destination were wrong, or any number of things.

In those situations the best advice is to check the turn restrictions (and other junctions problems if you are high enough level) along both paths for a short ways. If everything looks alright just close the UR and move on.

Sadly, Waze often doesn't give us enough detail to diagnose the problem.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message