Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

SPUI

Post by timl2k12
Is this an example of a SPUI? At the moment there is a problem report that I wonder if is related to the fact that the paved geometry doesn't seem to even come close to the actual design of the interchange. At any rate I assume the problem report is erroneous in this case (why does it think there should be a junction?).
timl2k12

POSTER_ID:13137504

Send a message
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Just because he was the last editor doesn't mean he designed it that way...

While this SPUI doesn't align with the style guide, it does still give correct instructions. Those instructions may be late given when you have to turn for at-grade connectors and such, but it is functional.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by cdombroski
That is a SPUI. If it's creating PRs I'd update it according to the style guide.
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
True, I didn't look at the locks and any PRs in the area have already been cleared. I'm sure it works this way, though the left turn notifications would be later than they could be. Somebody should PM banished and get his thoughts since he was the last one to touch most of the segments here.
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by timl2k12
It was designed that way by a Level 5, so I'd just assume it was done that way for a reason.
timl2k12
Send a message

Post by timl2k12
I'll PM him, thanks.
timl2k12
Send a message

Post by timl2k12
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Just because he was the last editor doesn't mean he designed it that way...

While this SPUI doesn't align with the style guide, it does still give correct instructions. Those instructions may be late given when you have to turn for at-grade connectors and such, but it is functional.
Good points. Thank you.
timl2k12
Send a message