Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Road Connection Error

Post by carwile2
Okay, while I am trying to edit here :https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-95.96 ... 2451629639, I get an error when I try to connect a road to my loop? Why is that? :?:
carwile2

POSTER_ID:9577556

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Your permalink is at the 2km zoom level. No idea what location you're talking about. Per the manual, please select the map object(s) you are trying to call attention to before copying the permalink.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ArlenBystander
A single segment loop can be edited to split into two segments without deleting it.

It takes a little work to do it manually (the two methods are documented in the Wiki, IIRC) but I was able to make the changed before finding the Junction Node Fixer script which handles it in a single keystroke.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
If it is a full loop (circle) made from one segment, you can't add any new jucntions or changes to it. You need to delete the loop, save, and then draw it in fresh and make sure its made from at least two segments.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message