Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

"An error occured while saving" is not helpful

Post by felipeportella
The generic message "An error occured while saving" is not helpful for the editor to fix the problem in the map. This message should provide more details ...

In general I start undoing some changes and trying to save again until it goes ... in terms of usabilitty, this is not the ideal.

Attached you can see this situation.

With me, in general happens when I have made many changes for the same region. Sometimes when fixing a whole area is interesting to only save at the end as the colours helps you to know which segments you already reviewed ...

Thanks
felipeportella

POSTER_ID:2566254

Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Save more often. One error often causes a chain of errors. You are likely not getting credit for all your edits waiting until you've made over 150 at a time.

The editor does try to point out errors it can pinpoint, but that feature hasn't received much love lately and so many error types are not able to be properly identified.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by phidauex
The most insidious errors I've found tend to be related to two roads that are sitting on top of each other, but are not connected by a node - separating the junction then reconnecting the points seems to help.

That said, I'm in the habit of saving every 10-20 edits, sometimes sooner. Since updates are only pushed to the clients once a day, you don't have to worry about map users getting your chopped-up partial edits in their routes (unless you don't finish that day).

-Sam
phidauex
Send a message
Newbie Editor - Boulder, CO and Seattle, WA
iPhone 4S, VZ, iOS 6.1