The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

paved new road, but can't find it

Post by treedweller
yesterday I drove on a road that was not on the map, so I used the "pave" function on the ipad. Today I went into the map editor on the laptop to finalize, but I can't find the road I paved anywhere. How is this supposed to work?

FWIW, the road turns off of Hamilton Pool Road, which is near Dripping Springs southwest of Austin, TX.
treedweller

POSTER_ID:8194072

Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Could this be it?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

This is from just a couple of days ago, but the username is different.

If not, use the map editor to draw in the road you want. There's no real benefit to adding a road by paving from the client when there are good aerials and GPS points to work from.

Be sure to read the Wiki in full before attempting to edit the maps (links in my sig below).
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
txemt wrote:I so did not see that when I looked in the area. Did Waze change how the unpaved/unconnected segments are displayed? I'm used to seeing those roads when I'm zoomed all the way out, or maybe 2 levels down from all the way out.
I was able to see it zoomed all the way out.

You have to wait for the roads to load though.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Has the drive been processed? If it does not appear in the Drives list yet, I don't think the paved bits would appear either.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by treedweller
I tried to find the new road about a day and a half after I paved it. I forgot that first evening. One thing I noticed is that a lot of the map in that area is grayed out. Is it possible that part of the map is not editable? I have never done an edit successfully so I am not really up to speed on how it all works.

As for drawing it in, does that mean I can overlay a google satellite image and trace the road? It is too curvy to try and draw it freehand.

Thanks for the advice so far. I will keep checking for more info.

k
treedweller
Send a message

Post by treedweller
Just checked out the link from jasonh300 and it does include the road I mapped, plus several others that were not showing up when I tried to drive there the other day. Maybe someone else mapped it and I was just a little late?
treedweller
Send a message

Post by treedweller
ok, i guess that's settled (I was trying to add Rollins, Fortuna Dr. and Glenville cv).

for future reference, I should expect to zoom in on the map where I paved a road and it should be visible that way? I have paved roads in the past, forgot about it, and later could not find them, but I also could not really remember where they were (I work on trees so i end up driving all over town daily) and there were several days in between paving and looking.

Is there nowhere I can see a log of things I've done on this app? Like, here's a list of all the roads you paved/edits you made/edits you requested/reports you made/etc.?
treedweller
Send a message

Post by txemt
Roughly....where in Hamilton Pool Rd? I'm looking, but I don't see a new paved road. Also, when did you pave it and when did you look? Meaning what was the time difference between the two times. If it was 5 minutes to 3 hours.....you need to give it some time.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
jasonh300 wrote:Could this be it?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

This is from just a couple of days ago, but the username is different.

If not, use the map editor to draw in the road you want. There's no real benefit to adding a road by paving from the client when there are good aerials and GPS points to work from.

Be sure to read the Wiki in full before attempting to edit the maps (links in my sig below).
I so did not see that when I looked in the area. Did Waze change how the unpaved/unconnected segments are displayed? I'm used to seeing those roads when I'm zoomed all the way out, or maybe 2 levels down from all the way out.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
It's not red now. :)
txemt
Send a message