The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Early Building to Partial Value

Post by timmyjoe42
When does the status get upgraded? Is there some sort of threshold based on number of users, percentage of roads munched, traffic reports, etc before the my area gets upgraded?

I've been munching and editing like a crazy person the past 2 weeks and was hoping that I might be the one to push Cincinnati to the next level. :)
timmyjoe42

POSTER_ID:202598

Send a message
Area: Cincinnati, OH
Phone: Android 1.5 - Motorola Cliq

Post by FrisbeeDog
I believe he is referring to the 'Live Map' subsection on the homepage:
Live Map.jpg
(36.04 KiB) Downloaded 756 times
At what point does the Status go from 'Early Building' to 'Partial Value'?

What are the thresholds for improving Map & Navigation from 'Basic', Real Time Traffic from 'Partial Coverage', and Community from 'Sporadic'?

Are these data endpoints like, x number of users must run Waze on average in the area to improve traffic and y number must post on the forums?

Or are they just subjective on Waze's part to whenever you feel like a community is big enough that you change their settings?
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by krankyd
Hi and welcome to waze
you're welcome to search for some other Cincinnati editors (look for the area managers layer in the cartouche) and try to connect with them through this forum.
Not sure what you mean by 'upgraded status' - are you referring to something specific you saw? your rank? # of points?
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by noodlesnz
Why doesn't that screen show up on the world server? Sorry, off topic a bit
noodlesnz
Send a message

timmyjoe42
Send a message
Area: Cincinnati, OH
Phone: Android 1.5 - Motorola Cliq