Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map section locked to level 4, needs correction

Post by
I was driving cross country from Sacramento, CA to Colorado Springs, CO. Found a strange off ramp, on ramp diversion on the I-80 route both westbound and eastbound right around Truckee, CA. This same error was present a year ago when I last drove the route using Waze.

It was at the Hirschdale road exit. The route wanted me to exit, then re enter the freeway, and would not allow the route to simply continue on with I-80. Was there some construction or a detour at this exit when the route was locked in? It's confusing to someone who doesn't realize they should ignore it.

POSTER_ID:

Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
I was able to track down the junction in question and have corrected the ramp-to-ramp (u-turn) routing. I'll do a check of the general area in case there are more of them.

In the future, please post a Permalink of the area/segments in question. It makes it much easier to locate the area of the problem.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
txemt wrote:Thanks to "Hell on the Highway" I now know where Truckee, Ca is. :)
I had a general idea of where it is because a good friend is the head brewer at a local brewery there.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by TruckOttr
Thanks for fixing that. I've been going through I-80 from Utah to Sacramento fixing interchanges and filling in ramp names, must have missed that one!
TruckOttr
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... d-0200.pnghttps://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... ones-4.png
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)

Post by txemt
Thanks to "Hell on the Highway" I now know where Truckee, Ca is. :)
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
I was going to go track it down, but my connection is running a little slow.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.