The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Reset Average speed for segment

Post by pferrariuy
Is there away (apart from delete and create the segment again) to reset Average speed for segment?

The problema: some roads have a low average speed because it was calculated when high traffic was in the road and does not represent the real average speed of the road.
pferrariuy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:3550227

Send a message

PFerrariUY
Country Manager - Uruguay
Android Beta Tester
Map Editor Beta Tester
Waze Expert

Post by AndyPoms
It's been confirmed by the Waze staff several times that:
  1. WME displays the overall average speed for a segment.
  2. The routing engine uses real-time speeds (if available) and the historical speed of the segment broken down into 10-15 minute chunks. As well as time-to-turn information.
  3. The broken down speed information is proprietary & is part of the data Waze sells/plans to sell and won't be displayed.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by floppyrod84
Simply drive the roads and Waze will eventually work it all out. See the wiki for more details on how this all works.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You should not be restricting turns just because traffic is bad or the route is allowed at certain times. Please revert that change if the above is the case and consult the wiki.
The only way for Waze to learn is to drive the way you think a few times, and the way Waze suggests a few times. It will learn but it takes time.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Again, this is all covered in the Wiki, probably in the FAQ, please defer your question to that.
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Averages are rarely used. If you think your way is faster, drive it a few times. I said this above...

NEVER delete segments because you think the averages are wrong. What is displayed speed wise is not used in route calculations and you will be deleting valuable data if you remove segments.

The average displayed is the overall average speed. A table of the averages at different times will never ever happen. It is Waze's source of income and by displaying that data freely, any competition could use or steal it.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Beat me to it. Yeah, what I said is fact since it's a repeat of what Waze themselves have told us in the past.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
There's an app for that.
Specifically a Firefox userscript that will show messed up junction nodes.
Check the wiki for community plugins :-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Timbones wrote:The average speed isn't used by Waze anyway - it collects statistics about traffic speeds throughout the day, and learns when the busy times are.
Then how does it determine how long it and current traffic takes to drive a certain route? Just by speed limit and current traffic congestion?
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by pferrariuy
thats stange, since in not a busy hour, it sugest stange routs, like getting out and in from the main street, passing throw 1 more intersection.

This is beacuase the mian street is slower thant the exit, check: https://es.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat= ... ,180724944

The correct rout should be to go all the way in Rambla República de Chile, how ever, waze tells you to do Rambla República de Chile turn right int Santiago de Anca turn left in Yaco and turn right in Rambla República de Chile.

I mark as not allowed the turn left from Sangiago de Anca to Yaco, but in same cases this is not possible.

Also the average speed for the segments are:

Rambla República de Chile is 39 km/h
Santiago de Anca is 42 km/h
Yaco is 37 km/

Which, in case of speed, is better the rout suggested by waze and not to go all the way through Rambla Republica de Chile.
pferrariuy
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

PFerrariUY
Country Manager - Uruguay
Android Beta Tester
Map Editor Beta Tester
Waze Expert