Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

HOV selection

Post by dvan2011
Is there anyway to make waze think you're on a adjoing Street? For example, if I'm driving on I 95 south and then I take I 95 south HOV waze will continue to think I'm on the main highway and not HOV therefore the routing guidance is now not accurate.

I think a simple button to have it switch streets would be great presuming they are extremely close ( GPS cannot tell a difference) such as the HOV

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
dvan2011

POSTER_ID:2124359

Send a message

Post by harling
If the HOV lanes are on the map, they should be mapped as Parking Lot roads, to ensure that Waze doesn't route unqualified vehicles onto them. If you are navigating, and the HOV lane runs alongside the main road, Waze will tend to stick to the existing route rather than recognize that you have shifted to the HOV lane.

One thing worth trying: while driving in the HOV lane, tell Waze to navigate to the same destination again. When it recalculates, it might "snap" your vehicle to the HOV lane.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.