Most users did not follow the suggested route?

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Postby Cloaker » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 am

Has anyone else seen a mass influx on these auto generated reports?

It's like either some sort of server error, or the addresses(gps locations) are off and the user is ignoring the route. I have about 150 of these visible in my editing area in Colorado.

Edit, maybe an editor/server problem. When I move the map around, sometimes they disappear? I'm confused. lol
Area Manager-Denver/Northern, CO and surrounding.
HTC EVO 4G LTE|S-Off|SuperJelly-Bean|OC@1.7 Ghz|
I'm a Waze Monster ;)
Cloaker

Re: Most users did not follow the suggested route?

Postby phidauex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 am

There is a server weirdness with their display properties, but the URs themselves seem to be "real" - we probably just got a bunch because the server processes batches, and just did our area - I'm looking at a lot in Boulder and up I-70, and cleaning up most of them.

Most are trivial, either an incorrect turn restriction, or one I know was fixed recently (and the UR processor uses historical data so it will sometimes throw an error even though the map was already fixed). Some are just areas where people are ignoring the directions, even though they are "legal". In these cases I gather it is best to just verify all the turn restrictions in the area, and then mark it "solved" and hope the routing engine adapts on it's own?

However, along I-70 there seem to be a lot of places where the routing engine was doing and "off and on", and people were rightly ignoring it. I'm hoping someone experienced with highways could take a quick look at a few of them to make sure there isn't something broken in the junctions...

Here is the permalink to the first one, and there are several more as you head East on I-70 toward Denver: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&lon ... TTTTTTTTFT

-Sam
Newbie Editor - Boulder, CO and Seattle, WA
iPhone 4S, VZ, iOS 6.1
phidauex

Postby phidauex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 am

Actually, reading some of the other threads at the moment it looks like there is some overall weird-ness right now with the NA server, maybe related to the rollback from a few days ago... Not sure WHAT is going on, so I'm going to just keep my eye on them for a few days and see what happens.

-Sam
Newbie Editor - Boulder, CO and Seattle, WA
iPhone 4S, VZ, iOS 6.1
phidauex

Postby ArlenBystander » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 am

I took a look along I-70 east to the state line. I disabled the handful of ramp-to-ramp turns that were enabled.
CM: USA / AM: Chicago & suburbs / WME βeta Tester
Resources: Map Editing | Best Practices | Road types/USA | Illinois Mapping | IL Functional Class Map
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 am

Ignore them all. Not real problems, 99% of them.

Tapatalk made me do it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dbwiddis » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:40 am

Most of these are old, already solved, probably reappearing as a result of the DB rollback.
ImageImageImageImage
AM Southern Nevada & Las Vegas
dbwiddis
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby MrFoosh » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 am

I found that same thing here in Omaha & Lincoln; had about 5 or 6 auto-URs and only 1 of them had an actual error with a turn restriction.
MrFoosh

Postby Cloaker » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Thanks guys. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Lol.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Area Manager-Denver/Northern, CO and surrounding.
HTC EVO 4G LTE|S-Off|SuperJelly-Bean|OC@1.7 Ghz|
I'm a Waze Monster ;)
Cloaker

Postby vectorspace » Sat May 11, 2013 12:27 am

Revisiting this thread, I was wondering if Waze was going to stop producing these errors, refine the algorithm so there are much fewer false-positive errors, or give additional detail to diagnose.

I have periodically gone in to see what is going on with these. Typically there is a suggested route and then a line with a circle and number, apparently showing how many times people did not follow the route and where they went.

I have looked around to see if there was a broken segment or turn restriction that would have caused the route difference, but have not seen anything certain. I'd like to see these errors go away until Waze can reduce the false-positives.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby ncc1701v » Sat May 11, 2013 12:51 am

I've seen plenty that are real problems. Let's see, in the last two days I've had several with mistakes in road direction, one where the road wasn't actually connected, and several where a one-way road had a self-connection that was confusing routing. I see more that are apparently real problems than not. Sometimes there is no explanation for the routing. In that case I either mark it solved or occasionally I take the junction apart and reassemble it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
... and the "v" is for Volvo.
ncc1701v

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor