Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Added a stop for 1st time...map editing

Post by clsx2
I have never had the need to add a stop, but I was stopping for coffee on my way home from class so after letting waze automatically set home I added a stop for coffee. The coffee shop is on a route home but not the route waze would normally take me. So knowing how to get there I headed out only to be told to go a really stupid way that would have taken me on side streets which would have added miles and lots of time to the trip.

I ignored the 1st direction to get off the freeway but it just kept trying to reroute me back, even as I was turning into the coffee shop! Did I misuse the add a stop or was waze going crazy on me??

So while driving I reported the issue as wrong directions, then got an email saying so and so couldn't fix issue, long story short I thought heck I'll try my hand at editing. However, it only shows me the route I took and not the route that waze was trying to take me. Is there a way to view the route it recommended so that I can update/change to the route it should have been?

So while I was here I figured i'd also report some on ramps that will be closed for awhile. I found ramp and clicked green arrow to red arrow. I'm hoping that is what I needed to do to disallow traffic. Could someone confirm? If wrong I want to correct ASAP.

Thanks
clsx2

POSTER_ID:11778779

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bigbear3764 wrote:The add a stop feature has been acting weird lately giving strange routing. There was a thread in here somewhere on it.
It's been posted to status.waze.com and tweeted as well.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
The add a stop feature has been acting weird lately giving strange routing. There was a thread in here somewhere on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by jmp316
Sometimes when editing you'll have to look at a lot of segments in the area to find the problem. It's not always an easy fix and takes some time.
jmp316
Send a message