The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by txemt
Timbones wrote:
In this case, the 1st exit may appear to be redundant, but it is still the 1st exit. If the driver had missed the right-hand fork earlier, then he (and Waze) would legitimately want to turn right at the roundabout. With the shared node that appears there now, the driver will get a "turn right" instruction, with no mention of any "roundabout".

(Roundabout Expert)
I understand that part, but I would rather have the second ramp turned to the off position coming from the same direction as the first. If a driver DOES happen to miss it, then they would still be able to make the turn, but Waze would redirect them at this point. Oh, I don't know how you survive these things in England.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
Well....we'll take your advice on your expertise.
txemt
Send a message

txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Should we make it so drivers don't have to hit the roundabout to get to that second ramp?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
teknikel wrote:Sorry guys, I thought I would get email about responses to my posts.

I was traveling westbound on Scaggsville Rd. As I approach the roundabout at Old Scaggsville Rd. Waze tells me to take the first right. The map shows that I should be continuing on Scaggsville. When I do continue on Scaggsville, Waze is happy. The map and the verbal directions are not in sync. If a man (like myself) were to listen to the verbal directions, he would become lost.

I don't know when I may be going that way again. If I do, it most likely would be good for business, so I hope so and soon.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
I don't think we're any closer to solving the problem, but rest assured, we are working on the issue and you'll see changes when we make them and when they take affect. :)

You won't get an email from Waze because you haven't provided your email address and this stays on the forum, because you posted it here. Had you submitted an "error" from the app, then you would have gotten an email response. There is no need to do so, though, as we are working on a solution.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
1, 2, 3....NOT IT!!!!
txemt
Send a message

Post by witfits
CBenson wrote:Currently if you route from the east to a destination on Old Scaggsville Rd you simply get an instruction to take a/turn right at Old Scaggsville Rd. If you route straight through the circle from east to west, you get an instruction to, at the roundabout, take the first exit.
It seems to me that the nodes with the combined entrance and exits will remain a problem.
I concur here. Scaggsville and Old Scaggsville, heading east, are at the same junction point and should be separated. I'm not sure why the segments aren't more at right angles rather than following the contour of the roadways.

It looks like the west to east should provide meaningful instructions to the driver.
witfits
Send a message