The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

default turn restrictions at newly created intersections

Post by rcpax
I have added quite a few new roads around my area and it seems the online editors defaults to "no turn allowed" for each corner on a newly created intersection? I was wondering if there is a setting to reverse this. I find this time consuming having to check all turn restrictions. sometimes I drive through a new area and waze is giving me crazy directions. I go online to check my drive and the intersection is turn restricted when clearly the turn is allowed. i believe most of this was not intentional but was left unchecked by the editor. Google Map Editor always allow all way turns on newly created intersections. Is there a way we can change this behavior. or was there a good reason for this setting in the first place?
rcpax

POSTER_ID:715363

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It's always been like this. We've never been successful in getting Waze to change it (over years). We don't know why they did it. But I do believe the turns are only soft-restricted and Waze will route through them.

See the Waze Map Editor documentation in my sig for the explanation of where this came from originally.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Scruffy151
Turns default to soft-restricted for good reason. The automated systems can work with them based on wazer drives to correct the map. If they defaulted to another setting the automated processes couuld not correct things.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message