The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Deleted non-existent road segment, but intersections remain

Post by dougm
I noticed a few road segments on the map that don't exist, so I deleted them, but it left behind a couple intersections in the middle of the map, including one on a train track. I tried to delete them (press D on top of them), but that doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

permalink: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/index.htm ... FFTTTFTTTT

Similarly, I deleted another road segment that didn't exist and tried to shorten the existing road segment to match real-life, but there were extra intersections on the remaining segment and I couldn't get rid of them to make the road shorter.

Since these roads don't exist or are not as long as shown on the map, I can't drive them first to collect the data on them.

Thanks for the help.
dougm

POSTER_ID:166

Send a message

Post by The Fej
Hi
The extra intersections (non connected) are removed by the nightly process. So they are usaully disappearing within 48 hours.
Likewise intersections inside a road which should'nt exist. If there is an intersection in the middle of the road, it should be merged (assuming segments of road are identical in name, direction and type) by the nightly merge process.
Fej
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message