Underground car parks

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Underground car parks

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I have seen this done, yes. It can be confusing to untrained editors, though. It may be better to just have a parking lot landmark with few segments as the GPS reception under there is near useless.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.2 | Waze v3.9.4
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Daknife » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Are you talking plot roads or landmark? We are not marking most parking lots with landmarks. Parking lots/car parks should be identified in foursquare which feeds the [P] icons to Waze.

I don't mark underground lots except maybe a short entrance/exit plot segment at appropriate locations but then only if I'm seeing URs or other routing issues due to the lack of such segments.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Underground car parks

Postby zerkms » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:19 am

Guys, how do you deal with underground car parks? Would you just draw some area on the ground even though there is no parking on the ground?
zerkms

Postby zerkms » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

daknife wrote:Are you talking plot roads or landmark? We are not marking most parking lots with landmarks. Parking lots/car parks should be identified in foursquare which feeds the [P] icons to Waze.

I don't mark underground lots except maybe a short entrance/exit plot segment at appropriate locations but then only if I'm seeing URs or other routing issues due to the lack of such segments.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Could you please point to a particular park so that I could get the idea how to deal with that in a conventional way?
zerkms

Return to Waze Map Editor