Cannot edit

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Cannot edit

Postby dan99 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:39 pm

I cannot edit too.
I want to edit a street close to my house. I drove there many times with waze, even yesterday. I see this last drive in the list.
And I cannot edit !!

WHY ? Please help.

I'm in Montreal, QC, Canada. I'm level 1.
I tried with http://www.waze.com and World.waze.com

Thanks
dan99

Postby Fredo-p » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:32 am

You can also do shift-click instead of double clicking.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby sahls72 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:44 am

IPWarrior wrote:...The editor wants to continue adding a new segment from the Street to the save button, which is grayed out...

You have to double click where you want the segment to end or it will continue to follow your mouse pointer all the way to the save button. Once you double click where you want the segment to end, the save button should not be grayed out anymore.
sahls72
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby orbitc » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

IPWarrior wrote:I have tried to fix my drive to work, and have had multiple "map issues fixed" by other Waze editors and my drive route is still wrong.

I watched the editing videos again this evening and when I try to ad a road segment into the plant or parking lot, I cannot save it. The editor wants to continue adding a new segment from the Street to the save button, which is grayed out.

I would like to fix these and other errors so I get credit for them, as well as others. What am I missing?

Thanks.
Steve

Can you give us a permalink for us to look. Thanks
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby ipwarrior » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 am

I have tried to fix my drive to work, and have had multiple "map issues fixed" by other Waze editors and my drive route is still wrong.

I watched the editing videos again this evening and when I try to ad a road segment into the plant or parking lot, I cannot save it. The editor wants to continue adding a new segment from the Street to the save button, which is grayed out.

I would like to fix these and other errors so I get credit for them, as well as others. What am I missing?

Thanks.
Steve
ipwarrior

Postby htahta » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:23 am

Did you take note of the posting date ?
htahta
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SVTRaptorNY » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:58 am

Is the area you are trying to edit within your editing area? Is it grayed out or Brighter? Have you driven there with Waze on?
SVTRaptorNY

Postby Riamus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 pm

As was asked, which server are you trying to use? That will affect your ability to edit. Also, take a look at your routes and see if you can find one for that area of the map.
Riamus

Postby carto3 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:37 pm

I have the same problem. The areas I can edit are places I have only been there once before.
carto3

Postby יהונתן » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I have the same problem - that although driving in my home area quite a lot - I can't edit there, and have no areas in the area section.

Any ideas?
יהונתן

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor