Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Street Missing from Client

Post by trantjd
The street segment (flagged by the update request) here:

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... 1=57830343

Is not showing up on my Waze client for the iPhone for some reason. It shows up on the live map and has the same characteristics as the other streets around it in cartouche but does not display nor does it show a path when routing along that road.
trantjd

POSTER_ID:34947

Send a message
Waze Community Member
Area Manager for Dulles South area in Northern VA
(Aldie to Chantilly and Ashburn to Manassass)
iPhone 4 client

Post by deeggo
Hi, maybe you can manually update the tiles in your client, or delete them from your device to force an update? Don't know what client your using....
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
If I look at the images, the missing street in the client is not the one with the update request on top of it, but the one north of it, selected in this link. True?

I don't know what's wrong with it. I suggest you send it in to alpha@waze.com, so they can take a look at it. I've occasionally seen weird things happening with roads in cartouche. I'm usually not patient enough, so I delete to troubling segments and recreate it :)
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by krankyd
the problem with this specific segment is now solved (you can see it on the client), and we are also running a fix to upload other missing segments to the client tiles.
thank you for this report.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by trantjd
I refreshed the tiles and the problem still occurs. This small segment has actually been missing on the client for several months now. I've attached a screenshot from my phone showing the area in question. If you look at cartouche and then look at the screenshot, you can see the portion that is missing. Routing occurs as if the road is there (it does not route me in a different direction, avoiding the gap and shows the route path on the road on both sides but does not trace over the missing road) but then the client recalculates my route once I hit this section as the client deems me to be off route.
missing Summerall Dr segment.PNG
Shows the missing segment on my iPhone client.
(107.71 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
I am using client 1.10.0.0 on the iPhone 4 but this problem has occurred on my previous iPhone 3G over several client updates.

My next step was to just delete the segment in cartouche and re-create it but if this pointed to a deeper problem in Waze, I thought this should be reported as it is very repeatable (at least on my end).
trantjd
Send a message
Waze Community Member
iPhone 4 client

Post by trantjd
Ah, yes, you are correct, it is the street that you selected and not the one that the update request is on. I'll be e-mailing alpha shortly!
trantjd
Send a message
Waze Community Member
iPhone 4 client

Post by trantjd
It looks much better now and the routing looks correct!
trantjd
Send a message
Waze Community Member
iPhone 4 client