Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Bug editing dead-end roads...

Post by willd2012
I've recently seen a lot of unterminated dead-end roads in the UK, and having looked at the last-noted editor, in most cases it was a higher level editor, which obviously indicates that there is a problem somewhere.

Upon investigation, I realised that if one selects a dead-end road, then moves the end of the road by "grabbing" the end node, upon saving the change, the end node disappears.

This does not happen if one merely selects the end node then moves it and saves...

I suspect that this is not going to be a quick fix, so it would be useful if editors are aware that this happens...

Regards,
Will
willd2012

POSTER_ID:9707947

Send a message

Post by willd2012
TonyG-UK wrote:The issue you described as moving the end of a selected dead-end segment causing the end node to disappear is what I was referring to. it's a well known feature and has worked like that ever since I can remember with WME. A lot of people just don't notice it.
Ok, I stand corrected :-).

Regards,
Will.
willd2012
Send a message

Post by willd2012
TonyG-UK wrote:it's a well known "feature". it's how you delete problem nodes by disconnecting all the segments from it.
I'm not sure we are discussing the same issue, as the vast increase in unterminated roads I have seen has only recently occurred.

In one Nottingham area I looked at this morning, on one page I saw twenty unterminated roads - all the ones I checked were last edited by a level 4 editor, whom I have not seen such from before. I have also experienced this recently myself whilst editing, which again I'd not seen before, so I believe something changed with the recent update.

Will.
willd2012
Send a message