Stop Vandalism/clueless editing ASAP

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Stop Vandalism/clueless editing ASAP

Postby timl2k12 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 am

What is the quickest way to stop a vandal or clueless editor from continuing to screw up the map? He has been PM'd and refuses to admit he is doing anything wrong. Diplomacy has failed.
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL
timl2k12

Re: Stop Vandalism/clueless editing ASAP

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 am

timl2k12 wrote:What is the quickest way to stop a vandal or clueless editor from continuing to screw up the map? He has been PM'd and refuses to admit he is doing anything wrong. Diplomacy has failed.

PM me the details and ill contact the editor. If I don't get a good response, I can have editing rights revoked.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby misomac » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:01 pm

I have an editor in my area who is busy adding roads but instead of leaving the names off because he doesn't know them, he marks them as 'no city, no street'. Is this a real problem and if so what is my best approach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
misomac
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby nnote » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 am

You can't just leave names off, you have to mark no street. City at the latest the editor could have put in, if it is in a city.
I'm not against that approach, it's better to have it mapped then no map at all. Street names can be filled in later.
USA Territories Regional Coordinator : USA Champ : L6 State Manager Arizona

[ img ]

Waze Arizona Twitter
nnote
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby misomac » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks for the feedback. I was having an issue just because I feel personally that the rods should be left unmarked so they appear red in WME. That way it's easy to spot un-named roads. Marking roads that do have names as 'no street' makes them appear white (and normal) in WME, making it harder to spot the incomplete info

misomac
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Chris_CA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 am

misomac wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I was having an issue just because I feel personally that the rods should be left unmarked so they appear red in WME. That way it's easy to spot un-named roads. Marking roads that do have names as 'no street' makes them appear white (and normal) in WME, making it harder to spot the incomplete info

But as nnote stated, you cannot leave a street name blank. If you do not enter a street name, you must mark it as 'No Street', else you cannot save it.
--
Chris CA
Colorado Area Manager
[ img ]
Chris_CA
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby glomp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 am

If you use the keyboard shortcut shift+D, unnamed roads will appear in red. Then you can then find them and name them. :D
glomp
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby misomac » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 am

Chris_CA wrote:
misomac wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I was having an issue just because I feel personally that the rods should be left unmarked so they appear red in WME. That way it's easy to spot un-named roads. Marking roads that do have names as 'no street' makes them appear white (and normal) in WME, making it harder to spot the incomplete info

But as nnote stated, you cannot leave a street name blank. If you do not enter a street name, you must mark it as 'No Street', else you cannot save it.

That was what I said, "he marks them as 'no city, no street' "...

misomac
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby misomac » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:57 am

glomp wrote:If you use the keyboard shortcut shift+D, unnamed roads will appear in red. Then you can then find them and name them. :D

Thanks!!! #win (do hashtags even work here? Lol)

misomac
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Daknife » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Since nobody else has really addressed this part of the question, I will. No we do not leave roads showing as red in the editor because we don't know the name. Such red roads do not show in the app and are thus effectively not there for routing and navigation. It is far better to have unnamed roads/incomplete info that waze can still route you onto, than it is to have maps full of unfinished roads that don't show in the app because they have incomplete data.

Yes ideally we name every street, but often such info is not readily available, and it's far better to map in a new street seen in updated aerial images with no name then it is to leave it off because we don't know the name.
[ img ]
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor