Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Can't change street name of house numbers

Post by tiagobt
I've added a few house numbers using the Waze client: http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6 ... TFFFFFTTTT. The numbers are on "R. Argentina", but, for some reason, Waze thinks they are on "Al. Min. Rocha Azevedo".

When I edit the house number in Cartouche, I can see that the street name is "Al. Min. Rocha Azevedo" (wrong) and the suggested street name is "R. Argentina" (correct). Both names were automatically added by Waze. I tried to change the street name in Cartouche and save, but when I edit again, I can see that nothing has really changed.

Waze is painting the house numbers red, and I think the street names are the problem. By the way, does anyone know the difference between street name and suggested street name?

Thanks,
Tiago

PS: Found another example: http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6 ... TFFFFFTTTT. This time, Waze is mixing "Al. Jaú" (street name - wrong) and "Al Itu" (suggested street name - correct). Changing the street name doesn't work either.
tiagobt

POSTER_ID:99788

Send a message

Post by andyqp
Any progress on this?

When editing address information in Cartouche, changes in Street Name field are not saved. If after "saving" changes I open the address for editing again, my changes in street name are gone. Street name is the same as before (or empty if it was empty).

As a result most (if not all) addresses I've registered using Cartouche or changed during a validation process are invalid or wrong again after map update.
andyqp
Send a message
Rīga, LV
waze for Android

Post by andyqp
RallyChris wrote:I suspect that the name issue for the one that you did in cartouche is just a bug. I would think that the road name would be based on the segment used when adding the house number, and for ones I have done in the past, they do work with a blank "street name" but a correct "suggested name"
Probably you are right, but there are areas where all houses are inside of a quite large street block and are accessed by unnamed "inner" roads, so the "suggested name" entry there is empty.
andyqp
Send a message
Rīga, LV
waze for Android

Post by RallyChris
I can't answer to the street name problem, but the arrow direction is based on the entry method. When doing house numbers from the car, the left/right question is based on the direction of travel, where when doing it in cartouche it is based on how the road segment is "drawn". The arrow is drawn from the start of the segment (A end) to the end (B end).

Hence depending on the method, the house number arrow can be facing different directions.

Personally from a functionality point of view, house numbers is the one of the higher things that needs a revamp. I highly recommend only doing them from cartouche. Ones that I have approved done from the car, seem to change position after being saved, and I'm never confident that they are in the right spot then.

I suspect that the name issue for the one that you did in cartouche is just a bug. I would think that the road name would be based on the segment used when adding the house number, and for ones I have done in the past, they do work with a blank "street name" but a correct "suggested name"
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by support
Hi Tiago,

Thanks for your update!

We are looking in to it.

Best regards,

Amit
WAZE Support
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

tiagobt
Send a message

Post by tiagobt
I've tried to add house numbers manually in Cartouche, and I noticed there's something wrong with the road segment in the first link I posted. The arrow that appears when you try to update the address number is inverted. Maybe the bug is in the segment itself, not in the house number editing feature. By the way, the inverted house number I added was approved by Waze (it is now blue).
tiagobt
Send a message