The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

A lot of "No Permissions" Messages Lately

Post by trantjd
I've been running into more and more areas where I'm getting "No Permissions" messages when I try to edit the map. They are not in places where I am an area manager but are places where I have driven. I'm trying to fix issues related to update requests that I submitted via the client.

I've got ~54k points and my understanding is that my point total should give me edit capabilities pretty much anywhere but the fact that I can't even edit a lot of areas where I've driven is frustrating.

Am I misunderstanding how editing permissions are handled? Is anyone else running into this problem?

On a side note, trying to do a search for the "No Permissions" error in these forums is a real pain. I keep getting a message that the word "No" is too short and "Permissions" is too common and so it flat out refuses to return any results, even when I enclose the phrase in quotes. I find it really hard to believe that returning results for threads with that string would overload the system... Just venting a bit about poorly designed forum software...
trantjd

POSTER_ID:34947

Send a message
Waze Community Member
Area Manager for Dulles South area in Northern VA
(Aldie to Chantilly and Ashburn to Manassass)
iPhone 4 client

Post by PeterG
trantjd wrote: Aside from the route issue here, don't users/editors with a sufficient point total have permissions to edit portions of the map even in areas that they do not have submitted routes for?
I don't think so. It has been discussed to change editing permission in behalf of points etc. but there has been no decision to do so. For now you will need to be area manager or have driven to edit the map. I know this doesn't help with your problem. Perhaps try some days later; I had the same problem where my tracks were already in the dashboard and archive and nevertheless I got the "no permissions" message. Some days later editing was possible.

BTW: To get around the problem with searching the forum just use Google and e. g. a search term like: site:world.waze.com/forum "no permissions"

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Have you checked "your recent routes" from the dashboard, to see if the server got your gps tracks?

Without these you will get no permission, as the permission are only updated when the gps tracks are analyzed.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by trantjd
Yes, my recent routes do cover some of the areas in question. For example:

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4&l ... FTFFFFTTTT

My route from Saturday evening runs right over the top of the update request that I entered here but I get the "No Permissions" message when I try to change the 2-way section of I-68 there to a 1-way or try to make any other changes here.

Aside from the route issue here, don't users/editors with a sufficient point total have permissions to edit portions of the map even in areas that they do not have submitted routes for?
trantjd
Send a message
Waze Community Member
Area Manager for Dulles South area in Northern VA
(Aldie to Chantilly and Ashburn to Manassass)
iPhone 4 client