Default road is one way

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Default road is one way

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:Unless you've just selected a road type in the dropdown box then pressing "r" will cycle you through all the road types that start with "r": "Ramp", "Runway/Taxiway", and "Railroad"

It will only do that if the focus is on the Type control. Proper road drawing order is 1) i, 2) click, click draw the road, shift+click to end, 3) select the segment, 4) rr to set to 2-way, 5) e to open edit details, 6) update details, 7) click Apply, 8) update turn restrictions, 9) save
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:And that's what I said. If Type control is the target (type was just selected) then pressing r will cycle types. Maybe you have a set procedure that you follow every time you draw a new segment. I don't. So the shortcut of using r to change segment direction sometimes causes the type to change for me. I think that others should be aware of this behavior and that just telling somebody to press r to change direction has the potential to cause erroneous road types to be selected.

Well, yeah, what you've written is pretty obvious. Any time a control (text box or drop down) has focus, any keypress will act on that control and nowhere else. Can't get around that. I'm unclear why this is unclear. :?

Would it be easier if roads drew 2-way by default? Sure. Is it likely to happen soon? No. We've requested it since WME was in alpha.

So, with that info, the numbered steps I wrote work great. As soon as you select a segment, 'r' will change direction, including newly drawn roads.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bigbear3764 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm

You can't change it. Defaults to one way from where you start to end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AM Chicagoland Area
CM North America
ILL Wiki
ILL To-Do
bigbear3764
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Default road is one way

Postby Geriaan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi. How do I permanently change the editor to draw two way roads instead of one way roads whenever I draw new roads. I have to chang every single road I draw from one way to two way.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything on the forum after a brief search.
Geriaan

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 am

I will add something in the Wiki on this topic and link to the shortcut.

Do we get any other questions on defaults?
* Maybe state name or country name?
* Road type
I guess we can cover all the create road settings and note none of them can be changed.

Then is there any default setting that CAN be changed?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 pm

sketch wrote:I highly recommend utilizing the "R" keyboard shortcut. Two quick presses on a new segment will make it two-way.

Unless you've just selected a road type in the dropdown box then pressing "r" will cycle you through all the road types that start with "r": "Ramp", "Runway/Taxiway", and "Railroad"

Image Image
AM - Northern Virginia - Fairfax/Ft. Belvoir
CM - USA
Android 2.2.1, LG Optimus V
Mike-1323
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Mike-1323 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:55 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:Unless you've just selected a road type in the dropdown box then pressing "r" will cycle you through all the road types that start with "r": "Ramp", "Runway/Taxiway", and "Railroad"

It will only do that if the focus is on the Type control. Proper road drawing order is 1) i, 2) click, click draw the road, shift+click to end, 3) select the segment, 4) rr to set to 2-way, 5) e to open edit details, 6) update details, 7) click Apply, 8) update turn restrictions, 9) save

???) set road type

And that's what I said. If Type control is the target (type was just selected) then pressing r will cycle types. Maybe you have a set procedure that you follow every time you draw a new segment. I don't. So the shortcut of using r to change segment direction sometimes causes the type to change for me. I think that others should be aware of this behavior and that just telling somebody to press r to change direction has the potential to cause erroneous road types to be selected.

Image Image
AM - Northern Virginia - Fairfax/Ft. Belvoir
CM - USA
Android 2.2.1, LG Optimus V
Mike-1323
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby sketch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 pm

I highly recommend utilizing the "R" keyboard shortcut. Two quick presses on a new segment will make it two-way.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:So, with that info, the numbered steps I wrote work great. As soon as you select a segment, 'r' will change direction, including newly drawn roads.

Right. Do it a few times and it becomes second nature. Select a segment fresh and hit R immediately. Easy.

On the off chance that you do mistakenly press R a couple times when the road type selector is in focus, it's easy to fix, anyway.
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 am

It would be nice if the default state and sometimes country settings were fixed when multiple new segments are selected...
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Return to Waze Map Editor