The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

vanishing solved map edit requests

Post by thelungman
I was editing a new subdivision this evening, that a wazer had marked the new road names in, and placing those into the waze editor so they would resolve on database query. After I saved them, which i did individually, instead of giving a green check bubble, that bubble initially appeared then on redraw of the map area they completely vanished, the edits remained in place. I added the missing roads, that had not been named yet, then to add insult to injury, i zoomed out to look at the surrounding area and the area that I edited seemed to vanish from my views, I could not find it again zooming in and panning the map. I hope that they "stuck" in the database.
thelungman

POSTER_ID:1550772

Send a message

Post by harling
It wasn't too long ago that they would remain on the map until the page was reloaded--maybe a couple editor revisions back.

If you zoom out far enough, certain road types will not show on the map.

All I can recommend is to mark the UR/MP as resolved only as the last step, after the fix is completely done and saved.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by kentsmith9
I'm not sure I completely follow you, but if you go to the location and you see the roads and the correct names on the map, then everything worked.

As for the UR pins/balloons, once you mark them solved, they will disappear from the map after you save. If that is what you saw then everything worked as it should.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message