The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Can't edit POI's I've created

Post by
Hi there...
http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4&l ... FFFFFFTTTT has a POI (Citrus Hills RV Park) that I created a few days ago. I've gone in and tried to edit the shape to fit closer to the property lines and I can do nothing to the object without getting permissions errors.

I've since applied to be the area manager for this zone, but I'd still think I'd have permission to update something I've created... am I missing something?

/z

POSTER_ID:493594

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:I'm trying to respond to an update request to change the name of the lake here: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4&l ... FTFFFFTTTT

But I can't figure out how to even select the feature that is currently named "Kelly Pool."

I'm open to anyone's suggestions or assistance.
It's not currently a POI/landmark. It's just on the base map layer as a colored area. You can see this if you select the Landmarks layer. I don't see the colored area appear for a landmark on that body of water. You need to create a new POI and categorize and name it as such.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
rogeraak wrote:How to make islands in midst of water?
Those need to be added to the base layer which we do not have access to. I have reported a couple of river peninsulas and islands to alpha and while appreciative, have also said they really don't have time to do it now. I've been waiting for a large one in Portland, OR for a few months now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Boonebytes
I can edit the geometry of the POIs that I created as an area manager (I created my first two today), but I cannot edit the "name" of an entrance of the same POI... I get a "No Permissions" error.

Permalink: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... FTFFFFTTTT. I'm trying to edit the POI "Confederation Building - East Block", the entry point in the south-western corner (should read "Civil Servant Entrance - Lower Level").

Anyone else having this "Area Manager cannot edit own POI entrance" error?

On a side-note: The POIs don't have to be drawn perfectly and to-scale, do they?

Thanks!
Boonebytes
Send a message
Android User / L2 Map Editor for St. John's, NL, Canada and surrounding areas

Post by Boonebytes
Hi Damian,

Thing is, I *AM* the area manager :)
Boonebytes
Send a message
Android User / L2 Map Editor for St. John's, NL, Canada and surrounding areas

Post by CBenson
I'm trying to respond to an update request to change the name of the lake here: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=4&l ... FTFFFFTTTT

But I can't figure out how to even select the feature that is currently named "Kelly Pool."

I'm open to anyone's suggestions or assistance.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: It's just on the base map layer as a colored area.
Well it shows in the Live Map as "Kelly Pool." And I thought that it showed as "Kelly Pool" in the client map also, but currently the client is not showing me any text. I'll leave it alone unless I see text in the client map again.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by IvarKa
Hmmm

I cant even edit (new) landmarks where I am an area manager.... Landmarks created a long time ago can be edited.

Ivar
IvarKa
Send a message
Area Manager Trondheim, Norway

Post by RallyChris
support wrote:
boonebytes wrote:I can edit the geometry of the POIs that I created as an area manager (I created my first two today), but I cannot edit the "name" of an entrance of the same POI... I get a "No Permissions" error.

Permalink: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... FTFFFFTTTT. I'm trying to edit the POI "Confederation Building - East Block", the entry point in the south-western corner (should read "Civil Servant Entrance - Lower Level").

Anyone else having this "Area Manager cannot edit own POI entrance" error?
Hi!

We have some problems with POI editing,

It's a known issue, and we are working to fix it.

In order to change the POI name you can send a private message to the area manager , or become area manager where the POI is.

Regards,
Damian
He already stated he is an area manager
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by rogeraak
The Waze team needs to fix this problem with high priority. There are lots of landmarks that needs editing. We don't get nice maps before this is solved.

How to make islands in midst of water?
rogeraak
Send a message

Post by support
Hey there,
As for now we have a slight problem with POI's, and only Area Mangers has the option to edit them.

Erez, Support Team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message