[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

unnamed segment info

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 am

This segment has no City and/or Street name.
You must fix that or it won't be displayed on the client.

Anywhere such a pop-up message occurs, it needs to be tagged in a manner that identifies the script which generated it.

As for substance of the message, the first sentence is inaccurate. The second sentence is not true and propagates a myth that a segment with nothing set for City and/or Street name is not displayed in the client.

It is true that freshly paved roads do not appear in the client. But the test here is not for new paving, but for missing values - which is not the same condition that suppresses a segment from the client.
If you can detect that a segment is new paving, that would be terrific; but a subset of the cases where name properties have not been set.

Please reduce the message to a single, factual statement and include a signature (e.g., WME Toolbox).
Last edited by dbraughlr on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Toolbox layers icon

Postby dbraughlr » Wed May 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Update: Toolbox layers icon moved up

Its new location means that obscures part of WME's messages.
Why not incorporate the menu icon into the toolbar so it can be moved off the map?
dbraughlr

Sweep deletes node it shouldn't

Postby CTGreybeard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:08 pm

This node divides a one-way segment from a two-way segment. The short one-way segment is there because the entrance to the parking lot is one-way only but the parking lot itself is two-way.

This node serves the same purpose on a regular street. It divides one-way from two way, the one-way preventing access where access is not allowed.

The Toolbox Sweeper will remove these nodes. It is my strong opinion it should not because doing so will break routing and cause people to be routed where they are not allowed to go.

Please fix the sweeper function so that it does not remove nodes that separate segments with different directionality.
CTGreybeard

script message signature

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 am

doctorkb wrote:I understood all "thin red line" roads would not appear -- perhaps this is a new development

Not new.

doctorkb wrote:the key to knowing which script to "blame" for something lies in disabling scripts until your issue goes away.

That is an unnecessary effort. I have seen posts about a problem with one script on the thread for another script. It is so much simpler to tag messages.

doctorkb wrote:The scripts aren't "production" features -- they're items that have been added on by the community to support the community. If something is going haywire, you need to start disabling scripts until that stops -- not just hoping that a popup box tells you who is popping it up. Ultimately, the issue could be caused by an interaction between two scripts... so a "signed" popup doesn't necessarily even fix your concern.

Exactly because they are add-ons is why the messages need to be tagged (a small icon in the lower right corner for ltr languages or a watermark would be fine and wouldn't increase the size of the pop-up box).

A signed pop-up fixes my concern. Your method won't identify the problem script any better than mine does.
Last edited by dbraughlr on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbraughlr

Same connection segments for a roundabout

Postby dbraughlr » Sun May 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Timbones wrote:
dbraughlr wrote:All roundabouts mush have at least three consecutively-numbered one-way segments in the direction of driving.

I disagree with this. A roundabout with 2 segments is a valid roundabout, …

A roundabout with 2 segments is flagged for "Same connection segments".
If there is never a problem, then Toolbox really shouldn't flag it.
dbraughlr

ReferenceError: WazeEditorURL is not defined

Postby dbraughlr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:20 am

After saving my edits, I often see multiple occurrences of ReferenceError: WazeEditorURL is not defined on the JS console.
dbraughlr

redo roundabout

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:45 pm

The statement "This roundabout is correct." should not be displayed when there is an unsaved change to the roundabout which could cause it to become incorrect.

After redoing a roundabout' but before it is saved, it should not be reported as still incorrect.

Redoing a roundabout should set all turns including disallowing U-turns. I'm seeing soft turns.
dbraughlr

Re:search bar

Postby dbraughlr » Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 am

To me, that sounds like a problem with page rendering, perhaps a partially loaded stylesheet or wrong font size.
I did have a problem once recently where the toolbar appeared at the bottom edge of my screen. I refreshed the page (Ctrl-Shift-R) and it moved back where it should be.
dbraughlr

Re: unnamed segment info

Postby BellHouse » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 am

dbraughlr wrote:
This segment has no City and/or Street name.
You must fix that or it won't be displayed on the client.

I am guessing that this message comes from Toolbox. But the message itself is unsigned.

Well, if you activate Toolbox and enable its feature "Activate popups (Show popups on roundabouts and unnamed segments)", you shouldn't be surprised to get just that in WME. ;)

But I agree that Toolbox does not point out segments with "no City and/or Street name", but segments with an "uninitialized City and/or Street name".

So I suggest updating the wording.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: unnamed roads

Postby dbraughlr » Wed May 14, 2014 6:31 pm

I've never had a beta client or anything non-standard. Unnamed segments appear weighted according to their road type the same as "confirmed" roads.
dbraughlr

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts