The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Contact Area Manager

Post by dhelsten
Hi,

I'm relatively new to waze. I've edited about 8 major freeway intersections in my area. There are several intersections where it looks like either the original map or more likely new users have made a mess in some areas that need to be cleaned up. I've only been on for about a week but as far as I can tell, my area manager hasn't cleaned up the map or approved any of my proposed road deletions.

Is there a way to contact the area manager to discuss what needs to do what? (Perhaps area managers should be able to create a prioritized todo list for the area that editors can see.)

Is there a way to leave notes on the map that other editors or area managers can see?

Is there a way to see when the last time the area manager logged on so I can know if they will have seen my changes yet?
dhelsten

POSTER_ID:16569

Send a message

Post by bkofford
Ditto.

That, and I can't type a detailed description while driving.
bkofford
Send a message

Post by bkofford
Yup, I get the errors, also.
bkofford
Send a message

Post by cobra
If you click on the road in update map, and look at properties, you can see the user name of the last person to edit it. It's possible there is no manager in your area.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
I blank report all the time... but mostly because I plan to fix the location myself. :D
cobra
Send a message

Post by joerocklin
I second the request for an email, or even better an addition to our dashboard to see problem reports/deletion candidates in our area of management.
joerocklin
Send a message

Post by kendrome
I also get an error when trying to see Deletion Candidates, any word on getting this fixed?
kendrome
Send a message

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
Another problem might be that your area manager cannot see the roads marked for deletion. For me at least I am still getting SQL code splashed across the screen whenever I try to see the deletion candidates.
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by sketch
dhelsten wrote: Is there a way to leave notes on the map that other editors or area managers can see?
"Report map problem" both in the client and in the Live Map (not the map editor) will create a problem report that area managers can check. Be sure to include a detailed description, though--I've had a few blank reports.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
mlangen wrote:Another problem might be that your area manager cannot see the roads marked for deletion. For me at least I am still getting SQL code splashed across the screen whenever I try to see the deletion candidates.
I'd never really tried this before, but yep, same problem here. I personally would not mind a digest-style email every day with a list of new problem reports and deletion candidates in my area.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!