The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Cartouche = slow as molasses!

Post by
I'll admit that Cartouche has never been zippy for me, but I went to edit for the first time in a couple of weeks and it is S L O W.

Is this just a temporary thing, or is this how it is going to be? I have to say that I'm not sure how many edits I am inclined to make right now, it's an awful waste of time sitting around waiting for things to work.

POSTER_ID:319795

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Ditto for me. Turning all but the Road layer doesn't seem to help either. I've noticed the live map hasn't updated in 7 days now too. Related perhaps?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by alflavor
Agree, same here for me on the world server. I can add street names, but everything else is like treacle.
alflavor
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
Something must be done very fast- editing cities is no fun right now and lots of street names are missing and will be missing if this goes on.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
Yesterday, Saturday and Friday were pretty much OK here. It seems that the initial loading takes long, but when it is finally there and you only switch area's gradually it stays OK too. Was able to make quite some changes in Eindhoven.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
It got really slow again (for me) the first time since the update of the world servers. Maybe Waze is growing too fast at the moment?
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by brummygit
The molasses has set this evening :(

That includes the forums too
brummygit
Send a message
Previous Waze username hodgetts

UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by brummygit
Sorry, I meant to say I'm on World too
brummygit
Send a message

UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by brummygit
Yes thanks, you gave mine a boost too :D

But this afternoon and evening have been worse than I've ever known before
brummygit
Send a message

Post by dabogimp5
yea last night cartouche was completely dead for me i let it sit trying to load a screen with 4 roads on it for maybe 15 to 30 minutes. finally gave up and went to bed. today seems a bit better but not sure yet. the possibility is they are growing to fast but lets hope they catch up.
dabogimp5
Send a message
Area Manager: Topeka Kansas

Post by Daemonfly
I kind of wish for a downloadable version of the map editor that we could run on our computers, but can understand the sync limitations of such.
Daemonfly
Send a message