The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Recent GPS Data Missing in Calgary Alberta Canada

Post by Rroven
I was going to update and create some new roads today and I can't see any recent gps data on the maps anywhere. What's going on?
Rroven

POSTER_ID:188206

Send a message

Post by QuickOK
It also takes one to several days for GPS tracks to appear. When using Record New Roads, sometimes they appear ahead of the GPS tracks.
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
I've taken a casual glance and don't see any issue.

I picked a random spot that had some primary roads through it

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5&l ... FFFFFFTTTT

Just checking, but at what zoom level are you at? GPS tracks do not show up at far out zoom levels (basically half way up the zoom bar, or more).
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by Rroven
I can still use and see GPS points and understand that they take a while to upload. The problem i am having is i used to use recent GPS points while editing because you can't accidentally click on them rather than the road and the little red dots where visible at more levels of zoom and didn't hide the road i was working on.
Rroven
Send a message

Post by zottel
I have a similar problem, currently. My recent tracks have been incorporated into the map, i.e. connections and directions have been set, but when I activate the GPS points layer in Cartouche, only one quite old track is shown (about 4 weeks old) where there should be about ten tracks in both directions.

This is not so nice because I'd like to create a roundabout at one point that is not yet in the aerials, so I need the GPS points to estimate its size.

I've already sent a mail regarding this problem to the support a few days ago but did not receive an answer yet.
zottel
Send a message

Post by zottel
Ok, this might be a different issue.

I rceived an answer from support meanwhile, though, and there actually are problems regarding the GPS points: The database grew too large and overflew, so GPS points from the last few weeks actually are not shown.

They are currently working on this problem and will also add the now missing points to the database once everything works as it should again.
zottel
Send a message