Odd issue with road

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Odd issue with road

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 pm

ottonomy wrote:... do you know about the Shift-Z keyboard shortcut... It's a good quick way to spot some of the problems that get in the way of logical routing.

It's also a way for careless editors to go "fix" all the red arrows thinking that anything red needs fixing. Just because it is red doesn't mean it needs fixing. Shift+z does not show which segment the turn is restricted from, and that's really extremely important. You have to turn off Shift+z and select the segments connected to the junction a red arrow is pointing from to find out if the restriction is valid or if it needs to be allowed.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 pm

ottonomy wrote:I thought I had explained that in my post, except for the careless editor "fixing" things part, but I guess not clearly enough. Thanks for bolstering my point and adding the caveat.

You did. I like to get out my sledgehammer sometimes.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby crazycomputingdotnet » Sat May 11, 2013 8:47 pm

crazycomputingdotnet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun May 12, 2013 3:04 pm

That's a big permalink for a big map :P

The idea was to send a permalink with the start point and the end point that is failling for you. Zoom in, select the segment and click on the permalink link below. Repeat for the other side.

Even better would be to send a livemap permalink showing the route that waze provides you and a google or bing permalink showing what the route should be. But in all cases a clear start and end point.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sun May 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Got it. Sometimes the permalink uses the ?# format and then the segments are not selected. Taking the "#" out solves it.

Here's the live map link showing the wrong route https://www.waze.com/livemap/?lon=-95.4 ... g=47528405

And here's at least one red arrow breaking the route: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... s=71892478

Can you edit the red arrow? If not you need to ask someone from the area (I'm from Portugal ;))
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Double check the remaining segments. I only had time to check the first red arrow. There may be more, one never knows.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby ottonomy » Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 pm

twentw, do you know about the Shift-Z keyboard shortcut? If you press that, you can see all the restricted turns in the current viewing area of the map at once, but you won't necessarily be able to tell with which segments of a junction they are associated. Use shift-z to quickly spot suspicious restrictions, the press it again to put everything back to normal, so you can click on each of the segments around where you saw red arrows and verify the restrictions. It's a good quick way to spot some of the problems that get in the way of logical routing.
ottonomy
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby ottonomy » Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's also a way for careless editors to go "fix" all the red arrows thinking that anything red needs fixing. Just because it is red doesn't mean it needs fixing. Shift+z does not show which segment the turn is restricted from, and that's really extremely important. You have to turn off Shift+z and select the segments connected to the junction a red arrow is pointing from to find out if the restriction is valid or if it needs to be allowed.

I thought I had explained that in my post, except for the careless editor "fixing" things part, but I guess not clearly enough. Thanks for bolstering my point and adding the caveat.
ottonomy
Beta tester
Beta tester

Odd issue with road

Postby twentw » Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm new to the Waze editor, so maybe someone can help. There's a section of Memorial Dr. in Houston roughly between Terrace and Malone where I am unable to plot any route eastbound. I see no obvious issues when I look at it in the editor. Can someone check this and let me know what needs to be done?
twentw

Postby twentw » Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

twentw

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor