Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

bug: editing geometry display missing interactive lines

Post by Shorty-CM
The editing geometry display is missing the interactive lines that allow you to see what your edit is going to look like after you have moved an intersection. Normally you can see the different segments and nodes and easily play with them, but these things don't display properly, or at all, after you've moved any intersection node prior to your geometry editing. And this situation continues after any intersection move for all geometric edits, until you Ctrl-F5. It will behave normally after that, unless you move another intersection node.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:12132

Send a message

Post by bkofford
I've noticed that moving an intersection never shows what it'll do when it's done, but when editing geometry, I often have to mover the geometry node and then immediately move it again before the magenta line will update. After checking, I did confirm that the line works like you would think it should until after I've moved an intersection, and then it does this:

Move once:
moveonce.png
Move twice:
movetwice.png
bkofford
Send a message

Post by bkofford
It's evident that the edit geometry dynamic update feature becomes broken if it is used anytime after a move intersection action is performed, until Ctrl+F5 is pressed. This happens every time I do it. I just didn't notice what was causing the issue until I saw this thread.
bkofford
Send a message

Post by krankyd
By definition, editing the road geometry and moving a junction have different displays. The segment's shape should change as you move it. The junction will update only after you hit save.
We hope to improve this in the future (i.e. show the 'live' movement of the junction) but right now it will only update after you save it.
If you change a segment's shape and it doesn't move with you (like you mentioned), ctrl+F5 is the best answer.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by Shorty-CM
It doesn't behave at all correctly after I've moved an intersection dot. If I don't hit Ctrl-F5 before trying to edit geometry after I have moved an intersection dot, the node in particular that I'm moving around is the only thing that moves around. The lines and other nodes don't move with it. You know how when you grab a major node and the minor node and lines associated move around with you? That doesn't happen. Only the single node is moving for me. If I save the edit, the road will have moved to where I moved that node, yeah. But the display while moving isn't telling me what I need to know. If I hit Ctrl-F5 first, geometry editing is all fine and dandy until I decide to move an intersection dot. Then it goes all wonky again until the next Ctrl-F5.

edit - And if I try what I think you're saying, move the node again, sometimes the line will show up, sometimes it reverts back to the other behaviour and they'll disappear again with another move before saving. But in both cases the lines and nodes aren't all doing what they're supposed to be doing with each other. It's only if I hit Ctrl-F5 and refresh everything, and *then* do geometry editing that it all behaves as it should with each and every move.
Shorty-CM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message