The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Nearly my entire town is unmapped...

Post by Tommusk
...appart from a few odds and ends already there.

I really love Waze as concept, and really want to create/use it.

I jumped in laying a few new roads, and have read up a little and it seems the main issues which may stop me in my tracks are the facts that editing these roads are limited by permissions etc.

So i will try and tidy up what i have laid before recording anymore new roads for now.

As i am i taxi driver i will eventually go to every road in my town and area (about 15 mile radius) within a small space of time, so my question is...

Is it beneficially to "Waze" if i just record all of the roads, even if i can do very little to tidy up the area, or is this creating a problem for somebody else who may want to map it in future?

Thanks
Tommusk

POSTER_ID:591318

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
Yep, that grants all permissions. Permissions are also granted when you have more points and stars.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Elgirts
Tommusk, I think that your wanting to develop your area is great! I am of the opinion that something is always better than nothing. Perhaps a little push by you by way of recording roads will inspire others in your area to improve upon what you have already done.
In other words, I say go for it. Something is always better than nothing :)
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by QuickOK
Then some or all of you need to apply for area manager status in yours areas. In Cartouche zoom to the area that you wish to manage and create a permallink. Send an email to Alpha@waze.com and include your request to be an area manager and also include the permalink with the area you desire to manage.

That should keep you busy for awhile.
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
Intoxicating and heavy on the wallet (gas wise / but I don't care). If I'm not working, sleeping, working out, or hanging with friends, I'm Wazing.

I should have my Waze setup posted on "What's Your Setup?" (another forum thread where you elaborate on your wazing rigs, etc...) eventually.

Let's see some pictures or YouTube uploads guys/gals!
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by sarbon15
Yes I'm pretty sure you may ask for more permissions as you finish what's on your plate already. I too have recently requested and received a full plate. Working on Waze is intoxicating! :geek:
sarbon15
Send a message
Area Manager: Orem/Provo, UT (USA)
Samsung Galaxy S (T-Mobile Vibrant), Eclair | Acura RSX-S (2003)

*Yes, I did copy jaimevisser's signature style.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Post by Tommusk
Thank you for the encouragement,

I have had ago with editing the map in cartouche and i cant not believe i have spent 3 hours just trying to get a roundabout joined to badly positioned existing road, then being denied nearly every other action i needed to do... Grrrrrrrr

i didnt think the road naming and editing would be such a pain

unfortunately i simply dont have the time to spend on it if it takes this long to edit, my towns population is about 25,000 so quite a few roads in there

but i am a bit cranky at the mo.... maybe another day i will take another look...

Thanks for your help....
Tommusk
Send a message

Post by Tommusk
Thanks email has been sent....... 8-) .
Tommusk
Send a message

Post by Tommusk
Thanks for your replys everyone,

I am now Area Manager of my town and very busy, happily mapping away :)

Once i have most of the roads mapped out, i will concentrate more on connectivity further out of town, i just wonder if my area can be extended as i progress?

Happy wazing people... :D
Tommusk
Send a message

Post by voip
I am living in a city with a city of more 4K square kilometres and I am almost in the same situation
However, I tried to edit the part that I know,in this way I hope that somebody else start to do the same, since I like the project and it can be amazing
voip
Send a message