The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

[SUPPORT] Aerials in world server but not on the www?

Post by TK80866
A few weeks ago I reported we're missing aerials in Hawaii once again (like here), but I just noticed that we do have aerials on the world server (see here?

Isn't that a bit odd? How can we have aerials there but not on the www server? It kind of looks they are available, but ported to the wrong server.

Could we get them back? :mrgreen:
TK80866

POSTER_ID:242286

Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)

Post by destinyknights
Hi,

Is there any time table to get the aerials fixed? I know the roads where I am trying to edit are in the wrong place, but I cannot tell exactly where they should belong with any ground reference.
destinyknights
Send a message

Post by kenshin33
they work (given that you add &proj=3785 at eh end or the Permalink url)
kenshin33
Send a message

Post by krankyd
hi guys,
The reason we don't apply the fix you mentioned is because the aerial images on world.waze.com are under a different license. We are always working on improving the aerial images in the US (given by USGS), but we know there are a lot of problems with it and a lot of areas missing images. We will work our best to solve this issue.
thanks
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by TK80866
kenshin33 wrote:they work (given that you add &proj=3785 at eh end or the Permalink url)
Well that's messed up... such a simple fix... Or if you only have the cartouche link (http://www.waze.com/cartouche/) just add the questionmark instead of the ampersand (such as http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?proj=3785).

Kind of makes me sad it never has been fixed officially yet :(
TK80866
Send a message

Post by TK80866
krankyd wrote:hi guys,
The reason we don't apply the fix you mentioned is because the aerial images on world.waze.com are under a different license. We are always working on improving the aerial images in the US (given by USGS), but we know there are a lot of problems with it and a lot of areas missing images. We will work our best to solve this issue.
thanks
Thanks for the explanation Krankyd :)
TK80866
Send a message

Post by voip
Please add the aerial view
voip
Send a message