The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Editing a cloverleaf, connecting to freeways

Post by Lemon
I have a question. I have tried multiple times to connect these 4 cloverleafs to the freeways which they connect to. I have had no luck. Have tried splitting the ramps, to connect them to the freeway, i have made sure the directions matched, but still no luck.

What should i do?
Lemon

POSTER_ID:9461

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by Lemon
Yea, I guess that makes sense. It just seems as though the split is a little unnecessary. I thought cartouche would just recognize that you want to join the two roads and then you would edit the geometry.
Lemon
Send a message
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by Lemon
Lots of tedious work splitting the roads, but well worth it once everything finally comes together. At least i'm getting my points ;)
Lemon
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Just based off your screenshot... I'm not seeing any splits in I-494 or Wayzata Blvd.

You need to split the main roads at the points where the ramps need to connect.

Also note that if you cross the ends of the ramp while connecting them. Split the ramp in the middle, so one end can be at level 0 and the other at level 1.

If you have split the main roads, and there is another issue. Please post a permalink for this area.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by sketch
eg09 wrote:I have a question. I have tried multiple times to connect these 4 cloverleafs to the freeways which they connect to. I have had no luck. Have tried splitting the ramps, to connect them to the freeway, i have made sure the directions matched, but still no luck.

What should i do?
  • Split road at a point on Wayzata Blvd and I-494 at the points where the ramps meet them.
  • Edit road geometry on the ramps so that the ends meet up with the split points.
  • Select the ramps and roads, in groups of two, in order of the direction of travel, and Connect roads by order of selection.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
eg09 wrote:Yea, I guess that makes sense. It just seems as though the split is a little unnecessary. I thought cartouche would just recognize that you want to join the two roads and then you would edit the geometry.
Well basically, every road is made up of a bunch of segments, and the segments can only be connected at the ends. Since you can't connect a ramp to the middle of a segment, you must break the segment into two smaller ones with an intersection point where it is needed.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!