Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map Updates

Post by Chrisjw
Hi,

I know the UK is short of AM's, but how long should it take for a road marked as wrong take to be deleted?
I have marked several in my local area about a month ago but they are still there.

My area has an AM, but is he overworked or away? Should I apply for the job? Or is it rude if an AM is already listed?

Thanks for any advice,

Chris
Chrisjw

POSTER_ID:324094

Send a message

Post by Chrisjw
Ok, will do!

I send an email to something like alpha@waze.com?
Sure someone said something about a permalink? Is that to do with the area I want to cover?
Any advice for a potential AM?
Chrisjw
Send a message

Post by hodgetts
It all depends on the AM - as we are all volunteers we have varying amounts of time to commit to Waze, and also our normal lives to live.

There is no limit in the number of AMs in an area - I've seen Waze Support post the statement "the more, the merrier" so if you can make a contribution, please step up to the mark.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by hodgetts
It's easy to become an area manager. This is from the Wiki
In case you would like to be an area manager, all you need to do is send us an email at alpha@waze.com with your Waze username, your email address, and a Super Permalink on the update map screen of the area you want to help fix.
The Permalink you take from the Cartouche page is to identify the area you would like to manage. The can include multiple links and always get extra responsibilities later on request.

A good starting point is to read the Wiki.
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by jaimevisser
Advice: keep it fun ;)
jaimevisser
Send a message
Area manager Oss, Heesch (Netherlands)
Samsung Galaxy S2 | Toyota Auris 1.8 HSD (white)